Prologue

Sejanus' POV

   Today was one of the best days in my entire life! I just made my first friend! His name is Marcus and he is really nice! I can't wait to tell Ma, she will be so happy that I've finally made a friend even after the whole war. As I walk in the door I see everything boxed up. Confused I go and walk to the kitchen, expecting to see Ma cooking dinner, but I didn't see her. As I walk down the hall, I hear Ma in her room moving a bunch of things.

"Ma? What are you doing?" I ask.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry, but you need to pack up your things."

"Why? Ma what's going on?"

"We are moving to the capitol. Your dad got a job there and now we have to move."

I look at her shocked. No way can we be moving! Especially not after I just made my first friend!

"But Ma! We can't leave! I just made a friend today!"

All she does is give me a sympathetic smile. Angry I walk out of the room, going to mine and sitting on the floor, crying, thinking why. Why did we have to leave? Why did we have to go to the capital? I sat there for an hour at most in thought until I finally that Ma had come in and started to pack my things up. I quickly snapped out of it, grabbing things and putting them in boxes with her, not saying anything.
Once Father got home we quickly left to go to the capital. I looked back at our home, and tears sprang in my eyes. The whole way to the capital I was silent. I hated life. When we got to our new home after three days, my father started talking about how I would be enrolled into the private school. But I didn't pay attention to anything else. That night I cried myself to sleep, thinking about everything that had happened all but three days ago. But all I did know is that this was only the beginning.

353 words.

A/N: Sorry this was short I was writing this at 9:30 at night. Hope you enjoy.