I'm electrified, I'll be up all night now

The last echoes of the Melvins' final act faded away, but Faye and Kurt remained intertwined, locked in a moment that seemed suspended in time. As the crowd began dispersing, oblivious to the pair, they lingered, holding onto each other without uttering a single word.

Even as the venue lights flickered back on, illuminating the surroundings, Faye drew in a deep breath, breaking the silence. With a mix of bashfulness and admission, she finally spoke up, her voice soft but carrying a touch of humor. "Alright, you caught me."

Kurt looked at her with a tender gaze, excitement evident in his eyes. A faint smile played on his lips as he gently disentangled himself, yet his hand lingered, brushing against hers briefly before he slowly released his grip.

Reality began seeping back in, the bustling sounds and the movement of people signaling the end of the concert. With a shared glance filled with understanding, Faye and Kurt started making their way toward the exit. They navigated through the remaining crowd, Kurt leading the way while discreetly ensuring Faye was safe and sound. Along noise and chatter, she followed his guidance without a word, relying on his distant voice and the gentle reassurance of his touch on her fist. Eventually, they found themselves out, in a secluded corner, away from the commotion. Kurt lit a cigarette, while deep-inhaling, as if still processing what was going on. Leaning against a nearby wall, Faye observed him, her expression oscillating between contemplation and tiredness, as he offered her a cigarette.

In the midst of the background noise, they locked eyes, the weight of their connection hanging between them. Kurt's gaze remained fixed on Faye, while she alternated between meeting and evading the depth of his eyes, a tension building in the exchange. Kurt finally broke it, his voice cutting through. "So, what did you think?" he inquired, his tone a little suggestive.

Faye considered her response for a moment, gauging whether he was referring to them or the Melvins' performance itself. With a lowered voice, she replied, "About the Melvins or..." trailing off slightly, leaving the implication hanging in the air.

His chuckle filled the space and after a brief pause to gather his thoughts, Kurt responded, "Both."

Faye smiled, feeling a warm rush as she leaned in closer to him, and said "I loved every second of it." His arms around her, creating an embrace. 

Taking another drag from his cigarette, he echoed her, "Yeah, me too. I think I never had a Melvins concert like this."

Avoiding direct eye contact to conceal her blush, Faye redirected her eyes downward, focusing on her toes. As Kurt finished his cigarette, he turned toward her, placing a gentle hand on her waist. "You're really something else," he expressed, his voice filled with admiration.

Faye looked and teasingly responded, "Well, who's to say?"

He emphasized his sincerity, "No, I really mean it. You're so interesting, smart," he leaned in once more, scrutinizing her features a bit more closely. "I like the way you talk, the way you walk..." he murmured softly by her ear "and... you're... so pretty."

As he completed the sentence, their lips met briefly, but gently, before Faye's laughter interrupted the moment. 

"What?" he asked, a puzzled yet smiling expression on his face. 

"Well, and I like your music, your voice and... the way your hair comes down and it makes you look older". She remarked, tucking a stray strand of hair behind his ear. 

He chuckled in response and sealed "I think we're gonna get along."

After their heartfelt exchange, Faye suggested they locate the others backstage. Kurt, a bit disappointed to leave their intimate moment, agreed and guided her once again. They approached a door down an alley, and as someone on the other side inquired, Kurt confidently announced, "It's Kurt. Kurt Cobain plus one." He glanced back at Faye, who giggled shyly as he playfully poked her belly. The door unlocked, granting them access to the backstage area—a realm bathed in dim lighting and noise, perhaps even louder than the crowd outside.