Chapter 53- Reunion

Start from the beginning

Before Pema, could scold Meelo. Iroh's expression shifted as an Air Acolyte approached him, carrying a message from the Fire Nation. With a polite nod, he excused himself, sensing the importance of the news.

Fara, noticing Iroh's departure, exchanged a quick look with the others. "Well, I promised Asami, I would go to dinner, so ima head over to the restaurant. Tell Iroh I'll be home later. Love you guys."

As Fara prepared, straightening her wavy hair, she noticed Korra entering the bathroom. "Korra? You haven't left yet?"

"No!" she whined, running her hands through her short hair. "I'm so nervous. I haven't seen them in years. What if Mako is mad at me? What if he's changed? What if Asami's changed?"

Fara set her straightener down and placed both her hands on Korra's shoulders. "We've all changed, but for the greater good. You're fine. We're all fine."

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

Fara and Korra strolled into the restaurant. Asami was engrossed in a book in the waiting area, but upon spotting Fara, Mako waved her over. Leaning casually against a booth, he greeted, "Hey."

"Hi."

Shortly after, Korra and Asami approached. Mako's face lit up, and he exclaimed, "Korra!"

"Hi, Mako." They shared a warm hug.

Prince Wu interjected unexpectedly, causing Mako to sigh and surprising Korra. He confidently proclaimed, "Hello there, Prince Wu, rightful heir to the throne and this guy's boss." Wu playfully poked Mako's chest with his elbow. "I bet he's told you a lot about me."

"Nope. Not a thing," Korra replied nonchalantly.

Wu casually draped his arm around Korra's shoulder, much to her surprise. "Then we have so much to talk about." He guided Korra into the booth, taking a seat beside her. "You are going to love the food here; I know the chef personally." Wu signaled the maître d. "Let's start with a round of your spicy octopus fritters," as the maître d walked off, Wu continued, "and keep the cucumber-aloe water coming! Gotta keep this princely skin hydrated."

Fara, Asami, and Mako took their seats across from Korra and Wu. Fara situated herself between Mako and Asami, eliciting a growl from Asami toward Mako, while Fara humorously squeezed herself into the middle. "I thought it was going to be the four of us."

Mako defended himself, "Sorry, but I couldn't ditch him. But he promised to be on his best behavior."

"I think he's making Korra uncomfortable," Fara whispered as they glanced over to the other side.

Wu leaned in very close to Korra. "Hey, pop into the Avatar State for me. I want to see your eyes glow."

"Kinky," Fara murmured, prompting Mako to elbow her.

Annoyed, Korra responded, "What? No!" Wu disappointedly sat back normally.

"So, can you go into the Avatar State again?" Asami asked with a frown. "I was worried when you told me you couldn't."

"Wait, when did she tell you she couldn't?" Nobody answered, while Fara almost choked on her drink. "What's going on with you two?"

Hesitantly, Korra admitted, "I wrote to Asami while I was away. I asked her not to tell you. I'm sorry. And Fara is Fara; I talked with her almost every day."

"Well, why didn't you ever write to me?" Mako asked, his tone carrying a tinge of sadness and frustration. "Or Bolin?"

"I don't know. I guess ... I didn't know what to say," Korra admitted, sulking and feeling guilty.