Chapter 53- Reunion

Start from the beginning

Iroh's eyes sparkled at the sight of Fara and the delicious meal. "You always know how to make my day better. Thank you, love."

While Fara and Iroh enjoyed their meal, the rest of the family gathered nearby. Tenzin, Pema, Jinora, Meelo, Ikki, and Uncle Bumi joined in the
conversation.

Tenzin spoke, "It's a pleasure to see you again, General Iroh. How have you been faring in these troubled times?"

Iroh, acknowledging the concern, replied, "It's been challenging, but we're doing our best to navigate through it. Kuvira's actions have affected many, but we're determined to restore peace to the Earth Kingdom."

Pema, with a warm smile, added, "And how is your mother, General Iroh? It's been a while since we last had the chance to catch up with her. She and Zuko were recently here for Prince Wu's coronation, but we didn't really have a chance to talk much."

Iroh nodded, "She's well, considering the circumstances. Worried, of course, but she's a resilient woman. I try to keep her updated as much as I can."

Bumi chimed in, "I bet she's still as strict as ever, just like your granddad."

"Uncle Bumi! Quit hitting on Iroh's mom... it's weird now," Ikki exclaimed.

Iroh chuckled, "Some things never change, Bumi."

"So, General Iroh, Fara's been telling us she's been practicing airbending moves for the wedding. Thinks she can outdo us with the acrobatics," Meelo declared with a grin, glancing at Fara with mock seriousness.

"The wedding, huh?" Iroh smirked, "I thought you wanted to hold off a bit."

Fara pursed her lips to the side. "Yeah, but it doesn't mean I can't daydream about it."

"She wants to resume the wedding!" Meelo blurted. "Just to show off."

Fara rolled her eyes, playfully swatting Meelo. "Oh, please. I just want to make sure I can keep up with the airbenders like I used to."

Ikki couldn't resist teasing her sister. "You'll have to work extra hard, Fara. We can't have you slowing down the air acrobatics."

Meelo added his own touch of goofiness to the laughter within the group. "Maybe I should choreograph a special dance for the wedding. You know, something with lots of spins and air kicks. What do you think, General Iroh?"

Iroh chuckled, playing along. "Meelo, that sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm sure it would be the highlight of the celebration."

Ikki playfully teased, "Iroh, you'll need to be ready for the ultimate airbender dance-off at the wedding. Are you up for the challenge?"

Iroh, with a twinkle in his eye, replied, "Challenge accepted. But don't underestimate the dance moves I picked up during my travels. I may surprise you all."

As Meelo playfully suggested choreographing a dance for the wedding, Tenzin's eyes softened, and a nostalgic smile played on his lips. The mention of Fara's wedding touched a tender chord within him.

"Daddy, why are you sad?" Ikki pointed out.

"Alright, alright, call me sentimental. But hearing all this talk about my firstborn getting married—it's a lot to handle for a father." He coughed, wiping away a tear.

Suddenly, Tenzin excused himself, a subtle catch in his voice. "Excuse me, everyone. I just remembered there's something I need to attend to." He gave a nod to the group before turning away, his emotions briefly getting the better of him.

"Dad?" Fara frowned.

Meelo, with a cheeky grin, couldn't resist poking fun. "What a baby! Can't handle wedding talk, huh?"