The Dragons Call - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Don't talk to my wife like that" James snaps at the man.

Uther raises his arm, then lowers it as a signal to the executioner. The executioner loft his axe and slam it down, Thomas Collins is beheaded, and people in the crowd all gasp at the sound and sight of the man getting beheaded. Merlyn look at the scene that just played off in front of her, in shock still trying to process it.

Most in the hall gasp at the beheading, first year hide behind their parents or friends trembling with fear. Many can't help but think about how they all would be dead, if they were back in time and in Camelot. That would be their fate. Everyone turn to Uther and glare at him hatefully how can someone be so hateful for the use of a bit of magic.

"When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival to celebrate twenty years since the Great Dragon was captured and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. Let the celebrations begin." Uther declares to the crowd.

"There is only one evil in this land, and it is not magic! It is you! With your hatred and your ignorance! You took my son! And I promise you, before these celebrations are over, you will share my tears. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a son for a son." A woman in the crowd yells wailing, also known as Mary Collins and Thomas' mother.

Merlyn look at the woman in sympathy, she couldn't imagine losing her child. Especially not watching their execution while everyone in the crowd cheers as his head is severed.

Mothers look at the screen in horror, they couldn't imagine losing their child. They would all die before even thinking about their children getting hurt or worse killed. Those from Camelot close their eyes remembering what happened after and just how Merlyn became Arthur's maidservant. Those who weren't present to see is exited to see how it really happened, only ever having heard about it.

"Seize her!" Uther yells to the knights

Mary begins to chant and disappears in a whirl of wind and smoke, leaving behind a horror stricken crowd and a furious king. Merlyn who saw it all happen, still looks shocked not understanding how someone can be so cruel. Merlyn look around quickly before hurrying away, just wanting to get away from the scene.

Many from Hogwarts look at the screen interested in the display of magic, not having seen something like that ever before. That's not the magic they have now.

__
Palace, day

Merlyn enters the palace and sees a guard, she walks over to the guard slowly not wanting to scare him.

"Sorry could you tell me where I would be able to find Gaius, the court physician?" Merlyn ask the guard politely.

The guard points in the direction where Gauis chamber is. Merlyn smile and thanks him, which he returns with his own smile. Merlyn walks up the steps and knocks on the open door to the physician's quarters and peeks inside.

"there always so nice" Merlyn comments remembering all the time the guards or knights have helped her. "yeah and I wonder why" Arthur says knowing why they always help her. Merlyn only look at him confused, not understanding what he means by that.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Merlyn ask irritated by him, "your so daft" Arthur scoff wondering how she can be so stupid, and blind not to see they only help her because they find her beautiful.

"Hello?" Merlyn ask gently, opening the door a little more looking inside.

Merlyn slowly walks inside, trying to spot Gauis.

"Hello? Gaius?" Merlyn ask not seeing him anywhere.

Gaius trips backwards from the bookshelf stairs and the railing breaks, Merlyn's eyes glow and she slows down time and panic clearly showing in her eyes trying to find anything to break Gauis' fall. Merlyn spots the bed in the corner and vastly moves it under Gauis just as he is about to hit the ground.