08||The Upside Down

‧₊˚˚‧₊

Tobi was sitting next to El, who was wrapped up in a towel to dry herself off, when Mike impatiently walks out of the room in attempt to find Nancy and Jonathan.

    "They're gone," he says, walking back in and sitting next to Tobi.

    "What?" Lucas asks.

    "Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone."

    "They're probably just sucking face somewhere," Dustin says.

    "Gross Dustin," Tobi says, even though she knew that it was probably true.

    "Did they go with the chief?" Lucas asks, wanting to know if anyone had an idea of where they were.

    "I don't know," Mike answers him.

    "No," El speaks up.

    "What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike asks in a frantic voice, worried for his older sister.

    "Yes."

    "Where? Where did they go?"

    "Demogorgon," she answers and the four kids looked at each other, worried and scared.

    For a minute it was silent. Nobody knew what to do or what to say. Mike was the first to speak up, "Guys, guys! This is crazy!" he shouts, "We can't just wait around."

    "Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives," Dustin tells the boy, "The bad men are still looking for us."

    "Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is," Lucas says.

    "El can find them," Mike tells the boys.

    "Mike, look at her," Tobi says, "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

    "Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe," Lucas says, "Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe."

    "Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan," Tobi tells the raven haired boy.

    "Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin says before walking out of the gym.

    "Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike shouts after the boy.

    "I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding," Dustin explains, "I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit."

    "Are you serious?"

    "El needs to be recharged!" Tobi, Mike and Lucas decide to follow him and wait in the cafeteria. Tobi helped El up and they all walked together.

    "Mike, I found the chocolate pudding!" Dustin screams from the kitchen as Mike Tobi and El sit down at a table in the cafeteria.

    "Okay!" he screams back, making El and Tobi flinch slightly.

    "Are you feeling any better?" Tobi asks El.

    "What's 'putting'?" El asks.

    "Pudding, it's- it's this chocolate goo you eat with a spoon," she explains, "Don't worry, when all this is over, you won't have to keep eating junk food and leftovers like a dog anymore. Maybe you could come live with us? My Mom isn't around much since she's always at work, and my dad left us two years ago, but I'm a pretty good cook, so I could cook you petty much whatever you want-,"

"Eggos?" the girl asks.

"Yeah, Eggos, but real food too," Tobi explains, "But I always take care of my little sister so I would know how to take care of you too. We could even get a second bed for you to go in my room. Or we could get bunk beds!" she giggles lightly after saying that, "We'll even be like sisters!"