06||The Monster

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

"I just... I can't believe she didn't come back," Mike says as the three kids walk their bikes down the road.

"I can," Tobi told the boy, "you were being an ass"

"What? No," Mike defends himself, "She was the one who threw Lucas across the junkyard."

"She was scared she didn't know what to do," the girl responds, "But, if I have to be completely honest... Lucas did have a point.

"What are you talking about? She was going to help us find Will!"

"Mike! We don't know anything about her!" Tobi stops walking, speaking in a calm voice, "I'm not saying what he did was right, but she wasn't completely innocent herself either. He shouldn't have yelled at her like that but why would she mess with the compasses if she really wanted to help us?"

"She said it wasn't safe," Mike answers her, "She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didn't betray us."

"Mike calm down," Dusti tells the boy.

"You shouldn't have yelled at her," Tobi says.

"I know," Mike says, looking at the girl with sincere eyes. He knew that she was always right. Well, not always, but most of the time. That was one of his favorite things about her. How she was always reasonable. And always tried to understand both sides. That was one of the reasons he loved her, "I'm sorry. And I'm going to make this right with El. I promise."

"I forgive you," Tobi smiles at the boy and the three kids continue to walk home, hoping to find El on the way there, when Dustin starts to speak.

"The bottom line is... you pushed first," he says, "And you know the rule. You draw first blood-"

"No! No way! I'm not shaking his hand," Mike interrupts.

"You're shaking his hand!" Dustin orders.

"No, I'm not."

"This isn't a discussion. This is the rule of law," Dustin tells the raven haired boy, "Obey or be banished from the party. Do you wanna be banished?"

"No."

"Good."

"Where are we going?" Mike asks.

"Where do you think? We're going to get Lucas. And then we're gonna find Eleven."

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

Mike sighs, nervous to apologize to Lucas, before ringing the doorbell. Tobi grabbed his hand for support, hoping to make him less nervous. "What do you want?" Lucas asks with an attitude after opening the door.

"I drew first blood, so..." Mike held his hand out, signaling that he wanted to shake hands.

"Okay, I'll shake," Lucas holds his hand out, but then pulls his hand away, continuing to speak, "On one condition. We forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate."

"Then the deal's off," Mike responded, also taking his hand away.

"Fine!" Lucas shouts.

"Fine!"

"No, not fine!" Tobi intervenes.

"Guys, seriously?" Dustin cuts in, "Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Pass?" he asks, and the three kids just stare at him and he sighs, "We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one," he begins to raise his voice louder, getting more dramatic, "And it all went to shit. And we were all disabled! So we stick together, no matter what!"