I shook my head and got some more cheese before I start talking. "I left the day after the wedding and didn't see him after the incident so...I don't know if he noticed I left."I shrugged. "But he seemed to be a good guy. I felt bad after what I did because he was nice to me. He even came to my room with ice cream to celebrate my birthday that my best friend forgot about."

"Honey,"Mrs. Brown looks at me in a sad way. "It's fine. I just wish I had the chance to apologize. He's a stranger after all, he probably forgot about it."I smile.

"It's not like you did something wrong. If you are wrong, he is also wrong for making you go there."Kelly took a seat right next to me. "He didn't make me Kell. He invited me and I went there willingly."

"What are you ladies talking about."Kelly's father walked in the kitchen with a big smile on his face.

"Dad." Kelly turned to face him. "If you met a stranger at the beach one night and after talking for a while you found out it was her birthday that day, and you decided to celebrate with her but, on your way to the beach bar your ex comes and kisses you and the girl leaves and on the same night after the kiss you buy some ice cream and go find her in her room to give it to her as a gift, what does it mean?"

"The hell are you reading this time? What stupid book is this?"he gave her a weird look. The silence and the look he was giving her were priceless. It made me laugh. "I'm sorry"I shook my head but Mr. Brown joined too. "Please tell me you're not reading books like my daughter."

"I am...?" I press my lips together, forming a small smile.  "Just stop and go date real men,Jesus."he shook his head.

"Dad,what does this have to do with the books and the question. Three different things."

"I mean, he's got a point,"Mrs. Brown shrugged, "but yeah, it's three different things honey."

"So, this is not from a book?"the man frowned.

"Nope."Kelly shook her head, getting up. "Did you invite anyone mom?"she questioned, heading to the front door because the doorbell just rang.

"I didn't, did you?"Mrs. Brown asked her husband. "No, who would I invite?"he said with mouth full of food.

"No!"Kelly screamed. "Oh my god! Mom! Dad!"she raised her voice making them both stop what they're doing. Well, I'd do the same. That's scary.

"What happened Kel-oh my god!"Mrs. Brown cried.

Should I go or just stay here...?

"Hey bud,"I heard Mr. Brown saying before I start walking to where they all went. "You said you couldn't make it." I saw him hugging someone tight.

"Surprise?"A man pulled back from the hug. "I missed you guys."

"I can't believe you didn't even tell me."Kelly fake punched the guy on the chest.

"And I can't believe you didn't tell me you invited a friend of yours for thanksgiving."he smiled, walking towards me. "Hey, I'm Alex-"he stretched his arm out for a handshake. "And I am Kelly. Your friend and his sister so remember what I told you for when you guys finally meet."Kelly pushed his hand away.

"What did she say?"Alex frowned.
"That you're gay-"

"Oh come on."the man rolled his eyes. "She lied because in high school all friends of hers had a huge crush on me."