06

Three months,in New York and it still feels unreal.
It's gotten colder which means I got to spend more time at home and do things I like,when I'm not feeling lazy. Cooking for example. There is this kid I follow on instagram and his recipes are no joke. They're all great. I watch movies, read books and get a good amount of sleep. I need it after all. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but they drain my energy. If they don't drain yours, you're lying and just want to show off.

"So,what are you doing on thanksgiving?"Kelly asked, putting her shoes on. It's finally time to go home and I have a lot to do.I have to go groceries shopping because tomorrow is thanksgiving and it's going to get crazy everywhere. I hope I make it home before it starts raining. "Watch a movie?" I say as I put my jacket on.

"Boring."she shakes her head. "Wanna come to my parents house?" She got up. "It will be just us. My brother is in Boston and won't be able to come back. We'll be happy to have you."she smiled.

I'm so thankful for having met Kelly. She helped me a lot since day one and was always there for me when I needed something. We hanged out many times and she's the only person I'm close with here in New York. I still haven't gotten to see my relatives that live here and since Lily is in Arizona, it means Kelly is the only person I have here. "I don't know Kell, I don't want to be a burden." We walked out of the building. Damn it's freezing.

"Look. Mom just texted me. She said come. She's not asking."she showed me the screen of her phone.
"Okay,what time?"

"Be there at two and no, don't cook. Don't bring anything. Mom will do everything."Kelly opened the door of her car.

"Can I at least bring a gift? What do your parents like?"I get on the passenger side. "Wine?"

"Wine should be fine."she started the car but then looked at me. "I'm taking you home,right?"

"Yeah,I guess I don't have to go grocery shopping today."

"It's a nightmare. It's busy now that people got off work."

"Thanks for telling me. I didn't know and was planning to go."I say,staring out the window. I can see a few snowflakes. Isn't it early for snow?

"Agh,come on. It's green..."Kelly tapped her fingers on her steering wheel.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to drive here."I say making her smile.

"What if I ever get drunk May? Someone will have to drive."

"Yeah, the Uber driver will..."

"It's not that bad."she says but honks again. "Come oonnn!"she raised her voice. "Not that bad,yeah..."I say serious, looking at her. She stopped the car and looked back at me for a few seconds and then we both started laughing.

"Man, I love New York and I love you. You're funny."Kelly said as she started the car again.

[...]

"So,what's his name?"Mrs.Brown asked while mixing the salad.

"Matt. He said he lives in New York but is from Michigan."I answer as I eat some cheese.

"So, he was in Italy for his cousins wedding and the night before the big day, he kissed with the bride."Kelly frowned. "Have you seen him since?"