[EP 24] When the truth sinks in

Joong was clenching and unclenching his fingers as he sat on the bench outside of the infirmary at the assassin guild. Gemini was rubbing a hand on his knee as he tried to calm the anxiety in him. Fourth was holding other hand of his. His thumb stroking the back of his hand. Pond was stroking Phuwin's shoulder as they waited. Gemini and Phuwin knew instinctively that Dunk isn't dead because they had sense it before when Dunk had a near death experience. But they can't shake the worry out of their mind. They were feeling weak which they assumed the feeling belonged to Dunk.

The moment Phi Jimmy came out they rushed towards him for news. He had assured them that Dunk's life is not in danger despite the amount of blood that he lost. Phuwin and Gemini nodded in relief. This had been their life since Dunk carried this title. They were never certain whether Dunk will make it. 

They understood the danger that came with the title. They weren't officially in the assassin guild, though they had undergone the same training as Dunk. Dunk had made sure of it. They may carry small missions that were non life threatening but that was it. It was a different story for Dunk all together. It came with the title he carries. The five of them went in to see Dunk, while Phi Jimmy attended to injuries of the other assassins.

Dunk was hooked up to a blood bag due to the amount of blood he lost. The heart monitor was beeping steadily. Phuwin and Gemini could finally breathe now that they were certain that Dunk was okay. They took a seat to one side of the bed. Pond and Fourth had stood back to give the siblings their moment. Joong stood to the foot of Dunk's bed as he took in his pale form. He couldn't believe the cheerful ray of sunshine was a cold blooded assassin. But he had witnessed how he had killed Luke swiftly.

A nurse, who came in to check on Dunk, stated that it was a little too crowded for the patient. Pond told Phuwin that he will bring Joong back home to rest. Phuwin nodded his head, stating that he will inform them if Dunk had any progress. Pond patted Fourth's shoulder asking him to help him take care of Phuwin as well, to which he nodded.

***

Joong stared at the ceiling from the sofa after he showered. His brain couldn't match Dunk's duality. His usual bright and jovial self and the quiet, cold blooded Kitsune.

"I told you he isn't that far off from Phi Win." Pond said once he came out of the shower.

"What made you so sure?" Joong was curious.

"His reflexes were a little too fast. He always had this look when he thinks no one is looking." Pond had always been observant. It made him good at what he does.

"Do you still like him knowing what you know now?" Pond was curious. Joong didn't need to think deep and hard. His feelings for Dunk would never change but he didn't know what he thinks of him. Was there even a them.

"Talk to Dunk. Then you can sort out whatever is in your head." Joong huffed. It's so typical of Pond to be able to read him without the need voice out what's going on his head. 

***

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: Yes, Dunk survived. 🤭🤭 I know that some of you were worried but up until now, I haven't had the urge to kill one of my main characters... as of yet. 🤣🤣 so you can be assured that they will be alive.🤭🤭

Next EP it is.