xxiv

a/n: ok i'm ngl i doubt this is what you all are expecting when it comes to shibuya pomegranate ink version but oh well it does what it needs to for narrative purposes

"The situation is definitely strange," you said, using one of the needles you hadn't cursed yet to clean under your nails. "I mean, what reason would there be to put a curtain down on Shibuya?"

"I don't know," Tullia said. "A part of me is worried, because this is so out of the ordinary, but at the same time, can you believe it? This is my first mission since my promotion!"

Ever since your classmates had heard that you and Todo had recommended them for Grade 1 status, they had been over the moon about it. Maki, especially, had been close to tears when she heard the news, hugging you tightly and thanking you over and over again for it. You had assured all of them that you really believed they deserved it and weren't just doing it because they were your friends, and from that moment onwards they had been showing off in front of you, like they wanted to prove that they were worthy of the designation.

"Unfortunately, it doesn't count towards one of your supervised missions. I'm the one who gave you your initial recommendation, so I can't give you another one, you see," you said. Tullia shrugged.

"It's okay. I've missed working with you, so it's not a big deal! It'll be just like old times," she said. You wiped off the needle and then cursed it before putting it away with the rest of them, making sure the pouch was securely closed and then setting it in your pocket where it usually stayed.

"Hopefully, Gojo's able to take care of it and we don't have to do anything. As much as I'd love to go on a mission with you again, I don't know if I like the situation here. If I had my way, we'd be somewhere else, doing nothing," you said.

"Can you detect something with your cursed signature detection?" she said. You shook your head.

"Not with that veil in the way. I'm sure if we go in, I'll be hit with it all at once," you said.

When a mysterious veil had fallen over Shibuya station, several sorcerers had been called to the scene. There were five teams that you could think of off the top of your head, though you knew there were a couple of other, unrelated sorcerers also around: one consisted of Naobito, Maki, and Nobara, another was Nanami, Megumi, and Ino, a third was Mei Mei, her brother Ui Ui, and Itadori, the fourth was Kusakabe and Panda, and the final team was you and Tullia. However, all of you were meant to be on standby — Gojo was the one who would go in and take care of things. He was strong enough to do whatever it took, so you weren't worried.

"Oh, so you're just generally having a bad feeling," Tullia said.

"Aren't you?" you said. "This whole thing isn't right, especially since Mechamaru was revealed to be a traitor. There's something going on, and I don't doubt that those disaster curses have something to do with it."

"It's Gojo, though. Do you really think he'll have any issues, even if he is fighting those things?" she said.

"That's actually very fair," you said. "You're right, I'm worrying about nothing. Sorry to bring down the mood."

"Not at all. I'd be surprised if you weren't worried; after all, our team is just the two of us, so if we have to go in, then we only have each other to trust," she said.

"There's no one I'd rather have by my side," you said. It made sense that you and she were assigned together once again; she was the reason you could use Composition, so there was no better place for her than with you. Besides, your techniques worked well together, as you specialized in ranged attacks and she was stronger in close combat, making you effective at fighting alongside one another.