The moist ocean wind blew against them, bringing in a fishy scent. The moonlight shone inside and Luo Huai Yuan realized that wooden wall had become the boundless ocean surface. At this time, the wall slanted downwards, becoming a sort of slide that the boat could use to enter the water.

Ancient people were really smart!

Time was pressing and they couldn't think too much. The people pushed the boat into the water. The splash it made was extremely loud in the tranquil night. However, the people on deck were still traumatized and the vessel was over sixty meters long. No one noticed the slight movements near the aft of the ship.

The group walked along the plank and got onto the boat. The moment they sat down, Luo Huai Yuan urged them anxiously to get going.

The four of them didn't know how to operate a boat so the old man had to do it. Luckily Luo Huai Yuan hadn't driven him away. He had felt this old man was quick-witted and let him tag along. Otherwise, not only would they have trouble finding the boat, they also would have trouble using it to get away.
Therefore, even the best laid plans had shortfalls. They could only thank the heavens for not wiping them out!

There was naturally nothing they could do for the survivors on the deck. Luo Huai Yuan could be called ruthless or it was fine to call him cunning. He naturally could have reminded those people, but if he did so, it wouldn't be certain if his own group could escape.

Everyone understood this reasoning and focused their efforts on rowing.

In the thick darkness of the night on the boundless ocean, the small boat silently left the vessel and swiftly sailed into the distance.

~~~~~
Luo Huai Yuan had guessed correctly.

This Kana Jougen had been temporarily fooled into escaping anxiously. He naturally considered whether it was a bluff. However, whether that person needed to bluff based on his status was one thing. Kana Jougen had also been truly shocked by Luo Huai Yuan.

After sailing away for a while, many of the pirates were making a ruckus. Not all of them understood Chinese after all and not all of them understood Luo Huai Yuan's meaning. They merely watched as the fat sheep in their hands were released due to their cowardly leader.

Pirates were all bloodthirsty people who only focused on profits. Whoever gave them benefits and whoever could lead them to riches would be the leader. It wasn't rare for them to take up arms against those who harmed their benefits.

Kana Jougen naturally understood these people's nature. He forced himself to explain to the crowd and placate them. However, it didn't seem to be very effective. In a flash of insight, he said that they had retreated for everyone's safety. However, this retreat wasn't really a retreat. They would hide and observe the situation. If they really had reinforcements, everyone would have escaped with their lives. If they didn't, that boat was merely a piece of meat in their mouths.

This explanation finally placated the crowd. The pirates chose a suitable location to stop and snuff out their torches. Someone was ordered to keep watch with a telescope.

They waited and waited but no one showed up.
Those surviving merchants were also careless. They actually let the ship continue drifting in the open without taking any actions. Actually, they couldn't be blamed. Luo Huai Yuan's actions were too astonishing and they were waiting for the court's troops to come save them. They didn't know they had been screwed over.

Luo Huai Yuan's coldblooded actions showed their effects. Kana Jougen was first wondering why the reinforcements hadn't come yet before being furious at being tricked. However, what followed next was doubt. Since there were no reinforcements, why weren't these people running?