Chapter 72

The garden here was called "Peaceful Garden", and was constructed after the manor was built.

When several hotsprings were discovered within the manor, Qiao Rong had reported it. Shen Yi Yao ordered the construction of this garden as a place to clear the mind.

After the garden was constructed, Yan Mo had just been born. Because Shen Yi Yao was busy with her frail son, she had only come once over the past few years.

The garden wasn't large but it was extremely exquisite. There was a little bridge, flowing water, artificial mountains, flowerbeds and plenty of grass and trees. It was scenic during all four seasons. For example, the plum flower forest behind the Guiyan Chambers were in full bloom at this time.

The Jinhua Hall was located on the central line of the garden near the front. It could be counted as the main building. The Guiyan Chambers and the Lingcang Residence was on the left and right. The Guiyan Chambers was a two-storied residence with three rooms. The doors and windows were all red and the walls were pale pink. There were two large flowerbeds in front of the front door, as well as two apricot flower trees. It was clearly a lady's chamber.

Yan Yan didn't remember what the Guiyan Chambers was like, but still remembered the beautifully decorated girl's room on the second floor, as well as the zither desk by the southern window and the embroidery loom. This little residence was especially given to her by Shen Yi Yao back then. She had put quite a lot of thought into its interior design.
Unfortunately, Yan Yan didn't like this place.

She had come once when Yan Mo was one year old. At that time Yan Yan was only five, but was already a tomboy. She had just started training martial arts and was preoccupied with it. Seeing this little place, she had frowned and directly fussed how she didn't like it. She said the courtyard wasn't big enough and there wasn't anywhere to practice martial arts. It would be better if they built a training ground like back at her grandfather's place.

Yan Yan no longer remembered Shen Yi Yao's expression at the time, but she still remembered the disappointment in her eyes.

She hadn't understood back then, but now she knew that this place represented all of Shen Yi Yao's hopes for her daughter. Unfortunately, this daughter was the opposite of what she was hoping for.

Mei Xiang's group hurriedly put everything in place. Yan Yan didn't go inside, and took Yan Mo to the Lingcang Residence which was separated by a single wall.

There was a green circular door between the Guiyan Chambers and the Lingcang Residence. They were only a few steps apart. Compared to the Guiyan Chambers, the Lincang Residence was clearly a boy's place. There was an artificial mountain in the courtyard with a few clusters of bamboo. It was simple but elegant.

Ying'er and Yan'er led the few maids as they busied themselves in the residence. Once they had put all of Yan Mo's daily necessities in place, they saw Yan Yan and Yan Mo come in. They hurriedly invited them into the eastern room.

The two of them took off their fur jackets and shoes before getting on the large kiln. The room was very warm and cozy. There was a heated vent and two charcoal basins.

"Sis, how long do you think we'll be staying here? Yan Mo asked hesistantly in a quiet voice.

Yan Yan also wanted to know the answer but Shen Yi Yao hadn't told them. But based on the circumstances, it was probably for a while.

Seeing his sister not speaking, Yan Mo asked again: "Then, will we still be going back?"

Yan Yan stroked her brother's head. "Do you want to go back?"

Yan Mo knit his little brows. He shook his head after pondering a little.

Yan Yan smiled and said: "This will depend on mom's intentions."

Fierce Consortजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें