Chapter 1

(Jaylene's POV)

"Jay!!! Wake your ass up out of bed now!!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm up jeez no need to yell!" I responded.

My father is the Beta of our pack. The Midnight pack. My mother is T.I.C (third in command) in our pack.

I got up out of bed and grabbed a towel from the closet. I turned on the water and started taking off my clothes once the water was nice and hot. I took a shower with my cherry blossom scented body wash and washed my hair.

Once I was done I got out and walked straight to my walk-in closet. I picked out a heart printed sweater, dark purple skinny jeans, and my combat boots. I quickly changed and walked to my makeup desk. I applied a small amount of makeup, not wanting to impress anyone yet. I started to straighten my hair after I finished the last touch of makeup. I walked up to my body-length mirror and looked my outfit over. I guess you can say I'm skinny. I have long dark black hair that falls perfectly to the bottom of my back and big icy blue eyes. I grabbed my beanie and my glasses and headed downstairs.

"Morning mom! Where's dad?"

"Good morning sweetie. It's about time you came downstairs and your father is out on business he'll be back in a couple days, weeks top. Now hurry your ass up and eat before you're late to school."

"Okay mom. Does alpha Chris still want to talk to me?"

"Ahh... that's what I forgot to tell you, yes, he said to meet him after school in his backyard. Now go to school."

"Love you mom! Bye!" I said as I grabbed my bag and phone and headed out the door.

I started walking to my bus stop where I took out my headphones and started listening to music, waiting for the bus to arrive.

~5 minutes later~

A dirty, beaten down, old bus appears turning the corner.

"I can't wait until my 16th birthday" I said to myself.

The bus stopped right in front of me and I stepped in. I sat all the way in the back since I didn't want to talk to anyone. The bus drove off and picked up the last kid......the girl I never wanted to see ever again in my life. Samantha.

The one and only Samantha, stepped into the bus and turned to face the back looking for a seat. I glanced around and saw that the only seat available was the one next to me.

"Great! Just peachy!" I said under my breath. (Note the sarcasm).

I lifted my feet on the seat so she wouldn't be able to sit down. Samantha started walking and stopped right where I was at. She was so ugly. Not even a clown wears as much makeup as she does! She has blonde short curly hair and gray eyes and wears glasses. She was about my height maybe a tad bit shorter.

She smirked and I growled lowly in a disgusted way.

"Move your feet bitch!" Samantha practically spat in my face.

"Um...Let me think about it... Oh yeah... No! My feet are perfectly fine just where they are so you can go find another seat far...FAR... away from me!" I responded with disgust in my voice.

"This is the only seat available so...move...your...feet!" she yelled.

"Yikes... I think you might need new glasses... because clearly you can't see that there's a seat all... the... way... over... there!" I said pointing out the window and smirking.

"You bi-" she tried saying but the bus driver decides to speak up.

"Jaylene... let her sit!"

"Ughhh! Fine." I said while placing my feet back on the ground.

She smirked and sat down.

"Caked-up bitch." I said under my breath.

~15 minutes later~

We arrive at school, after about what seems to feel like 10 years but in reality it has only been 15 minutes.

I got off the bus and started walking towards the school only to be tackled in a bear hug.

"Can't....breath...!" I said as my best friend Ally kept hugging me.

Ally is a few inches taller than me with long red hair that falls perfectly down her back and big hazel eyes with a few freckles on her cheeks. She is so beautiful!

"Finally you came! Do you know how long you kept me waiting?!" she punched my arm.

"Sorry but don't yell at me... yell at the bus driver for driving so slow on a highway." I said while rubbing my arm acting like it hurts.

"You know I love you! By the way did you get your schedule yet?"

"I was going to before you almost crushed my lungs together." I told her.

"Oh please I didn't hug you so tight so stop whining." she said as she pulled me towards the main office to pick up my schedule.

---------------*

Hey guys! I decided to write another book and this is it! Hope you guys enjoy reading it!! ❤😁