Chapter 2 - The Blackout

Start from the beginning

Pepa: (shocked) What is that?

Felix: (shocked) I don't know.

The metal demon looks around before stopping, looking straight into Abuela's eyes before lifting its arms up and firing blasts at everyone and everything in sight.

The townspeople panic as they disperse, trying to avoid the destructive blasts from the metal demon. The Madrigals shield themselves behind large objects while trying to assess the situation.

Bruno: (worried) Mirabel, are you okay?

Mirabel: (groaning) Yeah, just a bit shaken. What is that thing?

Camilo: (nervously) Whatever it is, it isn't here to chit-chat.

Abuela: (determined) We must protect our town and each other.

Abuela looks toward the metal demon, seeing it blast a few houses, engulfing them in flames as Abuela starts to twitch, the chaos ripping out the traumatic memories of the day her beloved Pedro was slaughtered.

Camilo: (nervously) I don't know about you guys, but it seems this thing is walking towards our direction.

The metal demon continues its rampage, spreading a wildfire across the village as it moves slowly but closer to its main course, Casita.

The metal demon reaches the front door of the Madrigal home, Casita, jamming its doors as the creature raises its arm and blasts the door off, sending them flying inside the house, sending debris flying as the creature steps foot inside the building as the Madrigals seek behind it.

Camilo: (whispering) What are we gonna do?

Suddenly, the creature directs its arm cannon up, aiming at the miracle itself, ready to blow the candle to pieces.

Luisa: (angrily) NO!

The metal demon turns around, growling before being punched in the face by the strongest Madrigal.

The metal demon recoils from the punch before engaging in a fistfight with Luisa, the two equally powerful individuals fighting to the death.

Isabela: (shouting) Luisa, get out of the way!

Luisa looks behind her and moves as Isabela grows a sharp vine from the ground and stabs it through the metal demon.

The metal demon convulses as the sharp vine pierces through its body. Sparks fly, and the creature emits a distorted scream. Before its four eyes flicker before turning off, as the creature falls to the floor with a large bang.

Mirabel: (confused) That was easy.

Camilo: (concerned) Too easy.

-

The next day, the Madrigals assist in helping the village, or what's left of it, most of it having been destroyed by the metal demon.

In Casita, Abuela, Mirabel, and Bruno stand in front of the (to their knowledge) dead body of the metal demon.