Ch. 13 Transparency

Start from the beginning

 Ana addressed the question with a carefully crafted response, revealing her need for their expertise in handling a personal matter involving Ricardo Quinones, her ex-fiancé. 

He had stolen from her, and Ana sought retribution, offering a lucrative deal of a 70/30 split in exchange for bringing him back. The room became deathly quiet and still and the men stared at Ana. 

Sinn, wary of the personal nature of the request, questioned the specifics of Ricardo's betrayal. Ana revealed a bitter history, detailing how Ricardo wanted to control her and diminish her independence. 

He fled to Houston a year ago and had built a name for himself with the stolen product. Ana acknowledged the complexity of the task, admitting she suspected Ricardo had hired help known as "the exterminator." 

"Unfortunately with a name like mine I cannot travel to the states without being flagged the FBI would be alerted the second I touch American soil tuh!" She shook her head in annoyance.

"Kidnapping isn't our area of expertise...is there a deadline?" Tizzy questioned. Blaze had been silent majority of the dinner as they discussed deadlines, product shipment, plans, and ways to smuggle Ricky into the country. 

As the dinner concluded and the men walked towards the door Ana gave one last piece of information.

 "Don't underestimate Quinones like I did my sources tell me he's already sent bullets your way and probably had something to do with your warehouse being robbed. Yes, I knew about that I have to do my research on whoever I'm in business with. When all else fails he will come after those closest to you so continue to be on alert. Your first shipment will be in Houston when you touch down I'll be in touch" and with that they were gone. 

Blaze broke the silence once they made it back to the hotel. "I think we should head back to Texas soon we gotta start trailing this Ricky mf. If that's who sent them niggas to get at me and robbed us he gotta go ASAP" . 

He still hadn't gotten over getting shot at even though he wasn't hit it was the principle and they all agreed.

 "Yeah you right Sinn you told Kori about all we involved in?" Tank questioned as he rubbed his temples Sinn just shook his head no and dragged his hands over his face. 

He hated to admit it but he had been conflicted for the past few days he didn't know how to tell his girlfriend how heavily active he was in the streets. 

 How was he going to explain his line of work to his new girlfriend she probably wouldn't want anything to do with him afterwards but her safety was more important than his insecurities. 

Present Day...

He could see the uneasiness on her face and body language whenever Kori was nervous she'd start fidgeting with her hands and avoid eye contact. Lightly grabbing her chin forcing her to face him he could see the tears daring to slip from her eyes.

 "Hey hey baby girl why you crying I didn't even say nothing yet". He pulled her onto his lap and rubbed her back as she silently cried into his chest. 

"I don't know Sinn I haven't heard from you in days a-and you seemed distant I been through this before you don't wanna be with me anymore" she began crying harder and he just hugged her tighter until she calmed down. 

"I wanna be with you shorty I'm sorry. That night you didn't wanna tell me where you were had me on some petty shit then I had to take a last minute trip out of town for work I should've told you" he began kissing her forehead and cheek. 

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about.. my job" she could feel his body tense up. 

"What's wrong babe you gotta go back to New York?" he could see the pout forming on her face. "No mamas and fix your face I don't know how you gonna take this so Imma just come out and say it. I'm in the streets not no corner boy shit either.." 

Sinn watched her facial expressions closely as he went into further detail about what he did and why Kori had dropped a few tears by the time he finished then she began laughing which caught him off guard. 

"Boy! I thought you was cheating on me whewww but I gotta show you something. This was in my door when I got here so someone's already watching me" she grabbed the envelope and showed him the photos. 

"Yo ass crazy how you go from crying to laughing ...and whose these niggas?" he frowned. She thanked God for the small interruption once knocks on her door came when she answered she smiled at the crew and the girls. 

"Koko why you not packed girl?" Imani asked pulling her aside as they entered her apartment "Huh packed?" she asked.

 "Yes you didn't read the group chat? We going OT for Sinn's b-day he thinks it's for our safety but the guys planned a lil trip we been texting since earlier". Kori looked at her friend in utter confusion until she looked at her phone. 

"Uh Mani I don't know about all this" she whisper yelled. 

"All what girl are y'all good?" Maura question as she and Krystal joined them in the kitchen the guys were in the living room chatting. Kori hadn't told the girls exactly what happened with Symeir, the dinner with her students dad, or the pictures stuffed in her door. 

"I'll tell y'all later but w-we're ok I guess I don't know" she sighed.

 "Listen if it's the street shit they claim this is only temporary they just have to handle some loose ends" Krystal spoke up rubbing circles on the girls back she was clearly overwhelmed they assumed it was due to the crews occupation. 

"Exactly and Kamari is with his dads side for the winter vacation mama needed a break! So pack some outfits girl we out tomorrow" Kori's eyes nearly popped out her head "Tomorrow?! Where are we going I didn't even book a flight or buy new outfits or-" she began hyperventilating.

 "Kori you've had his birthday gift since last week that's all you need and yourself the guys paid for our flight and hotel rooms all I know is we're going somewhere hot and we're catching a earlier flight than theirs we'll help you set up the room for him ok. We already booked dinner reservations and a few excursions" Maura informed her. 

Kori just hugged the group "Thank you guys I never had friends like y'all" she sighed in relief.

 "You welcome cry baby now fix your face before ya man comes in here he's already staring act normal" Krystal laughed. When Kori caught Sinn's eyes his expression hinted at his curiosity and, perhaps, irritation.

A/N: Where y'all think the groups going for Sinn's b-day?🛫

Y'all think Kori should've waited to show him the pics? 👀

Sorry for any mistakes 💗