R-Chapter 3: A Conversation in English

"I'll repeat my question: who are you?"

Tsuna spat venom when he questioned the man before him, shedding all relaxed awkwardness into a guarded stance, his eyes narrowing, suspicion of the identity his teacher might bear. The term used as Famiglia is not a common everyday term even for an English teacher, so .... Is this another assassin? A hitman aiming for his life? Enemy? Tsuna cannot say for sure because, ideally, he hoped he could grasp the threat he might receive; however, his trusted Hyper Intuition was not ringing in any possible way to indicate that his life was in danger. No, just soft tones. All Tsuna received was a strange tension and unnerving safety because he somehow felt that no harm would befall him at the moment.

"Don't be so ruffled, Sawada. Regardless of your thinking, I assure you that I mean no harm. I am ... let's say, feeding a curiosity, so if you'd please excuse me, being a teacher has exhausting charms." Kagiura-sensei explained as a matter of fact, brushing off the toned question Tsuna had just sent his way. Pushing up his glasses, he walked past Tsuna and moved towards the door as students filed in again from the other entrance.

"Right, I look forward to the 1-on-1 conversation, Sawada-kun. Do prepare yourself well for it." And just like that, he was gone before Tsuna could even voice out a proper reaction aside from the estranged voices he was forced to bury when he saw his classmates returning. Another nuisance.

"Well, DAME-Tsuna, how was it? Did our poor little no-good Tsuna get chewed out by the teacher?" With his horrid voice, Hideyoshi Masao jeered as he plopped down on the seat in front of Tsuna in a supposed 'kingly' manner, but all Tsuna felt was annoyance. He did not need to deal with this.

"Can you do this later?" Tsuna's soft voice echoed. Masao growled in response, irritated with the sudden chilliness that exuded from Tsuna.

"What?" He yelled out snarling. "I don't think you have any rights to tell me things, DAME-TSUNA. Your pathetic little ass is about to cry or something? Runoff and cry to your mother?" Masao taunted, inciting miniature snickers with his fellow idiots. Some are visibly uncomfortable but make no moves to add fuel or diffuse it.

'I don't have time for this. Seriously. Why are they starting again now?' Tsuna glanced at them in masked disdain, his brows furrowing only slightly in a pitying manner because they're no longer kids, are they?

"What's that look for Dame-Tsuna? 5 years of not meeting, and you already grew a backbone? To me??" Masao seethed this time, triggered by the look he saw on Tsuna as if he was not worth his time. Although generally, for others, they wouldn't know. However, Masao saw it from his seated angle, and his blood bubbled in anger, veins almost popping and about to lunge due to the feeling that made him inferior to TSUNA of all people creeping up in his being. But before he could even pass judgment, Tsuna made his move.

"Sorry, Masao-kun..." Once again, Tsuna's soft voice flowed out, tone unchanging from earlier. He dashed outside his classroom, intending to run after his teacher.

From the background, laughter rose, and a faint 'That coward! Running away' echoed, which Tsuna could not give a damn about. He had only one thing in mind: to question his seemingly average Homeroom teacher. As soon as he did, though, he lost his teacher. Whether it was the cafeteria, faculty room, or the clubs, he found no presence of Kagiura-sensei.

"Where did that teacher go?" He mumbled to himself in the middle of the hallway. Lost in thought, he kept walking, thinking deeply about where to check next, when he bumped into a sturdy chest, propelling him back a few steps.

"Hiiieeeeeee! I'm so sorry!" He screamed his 'manly' scream as he rubbed his nose that ached from the point of contact, taking a beat too slow to notice who he bumped into.