💙 Year 3. Talons and tealeaves

Start from the beginning

But Lavender only paused for a second before clutching the book to her chest. And giggling again.

"What now?" Hermione said boredly, Y/N only stared at Lavender, waiting for her to spill it out.

"Look." She said, still giggling, she placed the book on the table and pointed to a blurb on text. "A letter by the ring, is the first letter of your future spouse name."

"Oh." Y/N hummed. Peering at the book herself. "Say goodbye to my dream of young Newt Scamander." She sighed sadly.

Parvati and Lavender giggled in response.
"Whelp." Y/N turned to Hermione. "Should I do you now?"

"No." Hermione spat. "I could be doing something important right now. This is such a big waste of my time!" She huffed, sulking back into her chair. "I am going to read my transfiguration book in my head."

Deciding to leave Hermione alone so she could be mad in peace, Y/N turned to Parvati. "Shall we do you?"

Parvati ended up getting a heart, causing another fit of giggles between her and Lavender.
"Congratulations." Hermione rolled her eyes.

Lavender and Parvati decided to head back to their own table now. Not wanting to be around Hermiones "closed mind" Or something like that.

Later, the class became silent with Hermione having another outburst. Calling out Professors Trelawneys reading of Harry's tea cup, of having an enemy.

Harry had gotten a falcon, which apparently meant that Harry had an enemy. At first Y/N thought of Draco, but felt stupid once Hermione brought up Voldemort.

Oh yeah.

"But everyone knows that!" Hermione blurt out. The class became silent. "Well they do. Everybody knows about Harry and you know who." Her three best friends, and that rest of the class were in shock. Because it was very anti-Hermione to be "disrespecting" a teacher like that.

And not long after, Professor trelawney freaked the class out by saying Harry will soon die, since she spotted that he  got the grim in his tea leaves. But that then caused everyone to argue which way you had to turn the teacup for it to look like a grim.

This made Harry frustrated because since when was it a nice topic to discuss "whether he's going to die or not."

The class ended quickly after that, but with Sirius black escaping and wanting Harry, it was hard for everyone besides Hermione to believe it was fake.

———

"Harry, you haven't actually seen a black dog have you?" Ron asked Harry seriously as they sat down for Lunch.

They had just had their transfiguration class with McGonagall. And although she assured that Trelawney did predict a death every year and that it never came true. A lot of people weren't convinced.

"Yeah I have." Harry answered truthfully. "I saw one the night I left the Dursleys."

Y/N mouth fell open and Ron dropped his fork.

"Probably a stray." Hermione said calmly.

"I don't know Hermione..." Y/N said unsurely. "This feels too coincidental. And I don't believe in coincidences anyway."