💙 Year 3. school slumber party/ Grim defeat

Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors to sleep in the great hall that night, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherins had joined moments later who all looked very confused.

The four friends grabbed their sleeping bags and set them up in the corner, Y/N sleeping bag was placed next to Hermione's and Ron next to Harry's. Everyone had broken into smaller groups  to whisper and ponder about about the whole situation.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags! Come on now! Lights are out in ten minutes" Percy instructed.

Y/N got up from sitting on her brothers sleeping bag and made her way to her own to join her friends. She had been explaining to Lewis what had happened, Cedric was near by listening in.

"I'd feel better if you slept over here" Lewis said with concern when his sister got up to leave.

"It'll be fine Lewy, multiple people are keeping watch and I'll be with my friends" Y/N had assured. Although, much to Y/Ns dismay. Aron could not be convinced.
But instead of forcing Y/N to sleep near himself and his friends, he had brought his sleeping back over to where Y/N and her friends were staying.

"Sorry people's, but Aron wants to stay close by." Y/N sighed, annoying it to Ron, Hermione and Harry.

They didn't care that much that Y/Ns brother wanted to stay close, Ron had kept glancing back at Ginny who wasn't too far away. Ginny was sleeping between Fred and George.
And at least for them, Aron did give them their space, setting his sleeping bag a small distance away, but close enough to reach them in seconds.

"How do you reckon he got in?" Ron asked as the four got into their bags, they slept in a kind of like circle, Y/N and Hermione on one side while Harry and Ron were on the other, however Harry was across from Y/N. Many people around them were talking amongst each other also thinking about how Black got could of gotten into the castle, they went from apparatimg to being disguised, and even Dean suggested that he had flown in, which made Y/N lightly snicker, at least it gave her a small laugh after being stressed about the whole situation.

"Honesty, am I the only person who has ever bothered to read hogwarts a history!" Hermione said grumpily.

"Probably" Ron admitted, "why?"

"Because the castle is protected by more than walls you know, there are all sort of enchantments on it-" Hermione then began to list the theories they had heard others talking about and then debunking them.

At least two hours had past and By now, Hermione and Ron had drifted off to sleep, but Y/N was still wide awake despite being sleepy before. How could anyone sleep knowing a serial killer had broken into hogwarts. Especially since her best friend was the one he was after.

She thought staying awake was a good thing. If Sirius Black was the burst through the hall, she could defend Harry by sending a spike through this chest. Or creating a wall of ice.

"Y/N, are you awake?" Harry whispered.

Y/N shuffled over to face him. "How'd you know?"

"Your twiddling your thumbs."

"Oh" Y/N said. It was pretty dark in the great all, the only light coming from the moon.
"Yeah. I can't sleep knowing there's a murderer in the castle." Y/N shuddered at the thought.
"And that he's after you as well. I don't want to wake up one day and see that your split open."

"Right. Yeah. Thanks Y/N." Harry nodded, Y/N let out a small giggle.

Y/N made a mental note then and there that she would glue herself to Harry. It now dawned on her just how much of a close call that really was.
"But how are you feeling about all this? Are you okay?"