𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

Start from the beginning

devon felt his eyes frown as he immediately turned around, a massive grin taking over his face when he took in the sight of his girl standing in front of him.

he didn't waste a second to wrap his arms around her waist, lifting her up as she wrapped her arms around his neck, a couple of his teammates who were watching whooping and clapping in the background. if it were any other situation, they both would've probably gotten embarrassed, but they were too happy at the moment to care that a whole hockey team was watching them, including their coach.

"what are you doing here?!" quinn laughed, leaning back to look at her without letting go.

"i wanted to surprise you" she grinned, her body filling with warmth when he kissed her, a peck really since they were both aware people were watching them. he hugged her once again before finally letting her feet touch the ground, the grin never wavering.

"i'm so happy you could make it" quinn said softly, not able to look away from her eyes.

"i wouldn't have missed it for the world. now go on, get ready. you have a game to win" she encouraged, placing her hands on his chest and flattening the neck of his suit.

"yeah" he muttered, squeezing her hand. devon smiled at him, turning around to wave goodbye to the few players she recognized after telling them she would see them when they finished the game. quinn placed his hand on the small of her back, leading her out of the room with the smile never leaving his face.

"i'll see you later okay?" devon reassured, the stupid smile never leaving her face.

"i'll win that game for you" quinn declared, kissing her once again.

"i know you will. i love you baby" devon said, cheekily taking off his beanie from his head and putting it on her's, already walking away.

"i love you more. i'll see you later, okay?"

"i'll be in the stands waiting for you"  she grinned, sighing in relief when she saw her purse in the same bench she left it, quickly grabbing it while waving goodbye at quinn who still stood at the entrance with a loopy grin on his face, shaking his head in endearment.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

it had been a been a long time since devon had seen quinn play in person and the excitement she felt was something she hadn't felt in a long time.

quinn was playing better than ever, literally defending the net with his life. the game was exciting, stressful but most of all, fun. they ended up going overtime, both teams with three points each.

after what seemed to be an eternity but in reality was two minutes, quinn finally scored the winning point. the whole stands stood up in excitement as the canon went off and the team huddled up together on the ice. devon jumped up and down, yelling uncontrollably with the people next to her.

she almost got the urge to yell 'that's my boyfriend' but instead she got distracted by literally almost breaking her ankle. jumping with heels was never good.

after the whole thing died down, devon somehow managed to walk down to the stands closer to their locker room, waiting patiently to see if quinn was coming out.

after half an hour devon started to get nervous, thinking that maybe he got busy and wasn't able to come get her. thankfully, she was mistaken when she saw him walking towards her, back in his suit with a huge grin on his face.

devon smiled and immediately stood up, meeting him halfway through as quinn wrapped his arms around her waist again, lifting her up and spinning her around, both of their laughs filling the empty hallway.

"you played so good! i'm so proud of you!" devon exclaimed happily in his shoulder.

"i love you so much, thank you for coming" he murmured as he let her down without letting go of her "come on, the guys invited us out for dinner. you have to drive us though"

devon laughed and grabbed his hand, pulling him with her to the parking lot.

petey, brock and kuzy were already waiting for them outside, talking about the game with each other.

"hey guys" quinn greeted as they walked closer, stopping in front of them.

"hey man" brock said, the three guys smiling at the couple while devon tightly squeezed quinn's hand, nervous under the stare of his teammates.

"this is devon, my girlfriend. devon, this is elias, brock and kuzy"

"it's nice to meet you!" devon smiled, awkwardly staying still next to quinn, not knowing how to proceed.

"i thought quinn was never gonna introduce us" petey laughed, stepping forward to hug her, being able to tell she seemed nervous.

"i was scared he would never let us meet" kuzy snorted, hugging her too in greeting once petey let go.

"whatever" quinn rolled his eyes jokingly, looking at his friends and his girlfriend with hapiness "where do you guys wanna go?"

"let devon pick" brock suggested as the group started to walk towards her car.

devon settled for a steak restaurant nearby, the drive there being filled with chatter from the guys on the back while quinn never let go of her hand, resting them on the center console as she drove. 

the dinner was one of the most enjoyable times quinn had had in a month, easily. he loved seeing how devon blended in with his teammates and he loved the fact that they seemed to like devon. this was all that mattered to him.

being by her side, happy, was all he needed.

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱surprise surprise

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
surprise surprise