Chapter 16. She was made to rule the seas.

NARRATOR P.O.V

Y/N and Rapi were both on his room, just like always. Y/N looking through some mails while he talks with Shifty and Rapi dealing with some paperwork.

Shifty:"To summarize, I couldn't get anything on who that Nikke was. However, I did find her manufacturer. Missilis."

Y/N:"How do you know it's them?"

Shifty:"Missilis is the only one that has Nikkes with missing information one of which is described in the same way your Nikkes did. What a coincidence, eh?"

Y/N:"Indeed. Does Syuen know about any of this?"

Shifty:"Andersen confronted her about it. It seems she wasn't aware of Alexei's deals with Outer Rim gangs nor the assassin sent to deal with you, but she refused to give any details about the mysterious Nikke nor why was she there to begin with."

Y/N:"Perhaps she wanted to deal with loose ends?"

Shifty:"I don't..."

Y/N:"Who says Syuen is saying the truth? She could've figured out something was going on on the Outpost and pieced things together. Crow was sent there to deal with Alexei before we could get to him."

Shifty:"Well, that would explain why she executed him."

Y/N:"What about D? Are we going to have trouble with her old affiliates?"

Shifty:"No. Andersen made sure the assassins stay away from your new Nikke. He says you owe him one tho."

Y/N:"Of course... You did a great job Shifty. Keep me informed if you discover something new."

Shifty:"Aye aye, Commander!"

Shifty ended the call and Y/N release an audible sigh. He closed his eyes for a second and relaxed on his chair, looking at the ceiling. Rapi glanced at her partner and smiled.

Rapi:"Need the day off?"

Y/N:"No. Thanks, sweetheart. Just need a couple of seconds..."

Rapi:"O-Of course. Y/N, Guilty has made an armament request. She's unpleased with her weapon's performance and wanted to change to something befitting of her. A shotgun to be more specific."

Y/N:"Sure. Give it a go."

Rapi:"On it. You remember you still have to go through Noise's interview right?"

Y/N:"Mhm. It's at 10:10 A.M, correct?"

Rapi:"Yes, you still have a couple hours of free time. Speaking of which, Anis has requested some of that time for herself. It seems she wants to... 'enjoy her new bond' as she says..."

Y/N opened one eye to look at Rapi who, even though she has her normal serious expression, Y/N can see jealousy in her eyes.

Y/N:"Your thoughts?"

Rapi:"Well... I don't mind if you accept her request so long I don't have to make one to enjoy some of your time too."

Y/N:"You are the one who-"

Rapi:"I know, I know. I'm just babbling around. Besides it is true you haven't spent that much time with Anis since that damn mission with the Pilgrim. Do you know I founded a white hair on your bed once? She was here, but when..."

Y/N remembered the time Snow White came to visit him and smiled for what happened with her, and for what happened afterwards with Rapi.

Y/N:"Does Anis have something in mind?"

Rapi:"No, not really."

Y/N:"In that case... I'll go and take the lead."

Rapi:"Have a good day. Remember you still have-"