chapter ten

𝐊𝐎𝐔𝐕𝐑 🌶️

With excitement, I practically skipped my way to Ridoc's room. After weeks of anticipation and disappointment, the moment had finally arrived. I had obtained my long-awaited signet, and Tapaidh had channeled his power to me. The revelation of my newfound abilities had been a secret I carefully guarded all day because I wanted Ridoc to be the first person I told.

Barely containing my enthusiasm, I rapped my knuckles rapidly on Ridoc's bedroom door, my impatience causing me to bounce on the balls of my feet. The door swung open, revealing a shirtless Ridoc, his appearance suggesting he had just returned from a refreshing shower. Damp strands of hair clung to his forehead, and droplets glistened on his still-moist chest. My gaze involuntarily followed one droplet as it descended, landing with a soft splatter on his pants. A sudden rush of desire coursed through me, and I swiftly swallowed, attempting to regain my composure.

      Shaking my head to dispel the haze of attraction, I mustered the courage to share my exhilarating news, "I've finally found out what my signet ability is." Without waiting for his response, I pushed him into his room, closing the door firmly behind us.

      His eyes widened in surprise, mirroring my own excitement. "Seriously? What is it?" he exclaimed. He quickly grabbed a shirt from his bed and put it on.

      Beaming with anticipation, I nodded eagerly. "I'd rather show you."

With closed eyes, I immersed myself in deep concentration, searching for the connection with Tapaidh, drawing upon a thread of his power. The air grew heavy with anticipation as Ridoc's surprised exclamation confirmed my success. As my eyes fluttered open, I looked to Ridoc, who glanced around the room in bewilderment.

"You..." his voice trailed off, his gaze darting in search of an explanation, "You can make yourself invisible?"

"Technically, it's more of a skill in camouflage than true invisibility," I clarified, a mischievous smile tugging at the corners of my lips. Ridoc, caught off guard, couldn't help but release an astonished laugh, his disbelief echoing through the room.

      I smirked, a surge of confidence coursing through me as I took advantage of my invisible state, silently creeping up beside him.

      "That's amazing," he exclaimed, his voice filled with awe, "you are —" he abruptly jerked in surprise as my lips planted a tender kiss just below his ear. A low curse escaped his lips as he clenched his fists tightly at his sides.

      Unable to resist the temptation, he moaned softly, his head instinctively tilting back to grant me more access to his neck. "Oh, what are you doing to me?" With a mischievous grin against his skin, I took hold of his wrists, firmly restraining them at his sides, relishing in the control I had over him.

      "D'you like that?" I whispered seductively into his ear, causing a shiver to run down his spine.

      "Of course I do," he managed to bite out through clenched teeth, his voice laced with desire, "but you're also about to make my eyes roll back in my fucking head."

      A playful giggle escaped my lips as I continued to explore his neck, searching for that one sweet spot that would make him surrender completely. And then, I found it. His breath hitched, his body melting under my touch.