𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Taking my eyes away from our daughter, I stared at him through the rear view mirror. "I don't mind at all. I just want to shower." I laughed gently as I saw his bright blue eyes gleam hearing me laugh. It made me feel loved by him despite what happened at the hospital. He was my world, just as much as our daughter was. He nodded his head at me while he kept driving slower than he usually had. "If you feel up to it, your friends would like to come see you and the baby." He commented once again and kept his hands on the steering wheel while he turned down the street that would lead to ours. Looking down at my sleeping daughter that enjoyed the car ride, I looked at my boyfriend once again. "It's our first day home with our daughter and I think we should have some alone time with her. I want to see them but I'm just thinking about getting comfortable and adjusting." I told him with gentleness in my tone. He narrowed his eyebrows. A small smile appeared on his face. "You do what you want to do, baby." He commented and turned onto our street. He drove down until he drove up onto the driveway where we would unload our little baby.

He put the car in park and opened the garage so that we could make it inside easier. He placed the keys in his pocket, getting out of the car. I unbuckled the seatbelt that sat across my body and watched while Rafe opened the back door to help me get the baby seat out. "Go inside and I'll take care of her." He said with a gentle tone while a grin grew on his face. I slid myself out of the car through the other side and took the hospital bag that sat in the back of the car with me. He unhooked the car seat that Kodi had been in, taking her out of the car as carefully as he could. He held her car seat and walked behind me up into the garage where my Bronco had sat, unused for a couple of days. I had opened the door for him to take Kodi inside before I could go inside. His eyes fluttered with happiness as I walked in behind him. He headed towards the living room that had been immensely clean. Setting down her car seat with gentleness, he unbuckled her from the seat and put his large hand underneath her head for support. He placed his other hand underneath her bottom and picked her up to cradle her inside of his arms.

"Go shower my love. Go relax, I'll take care of her." He commented as he moved to the couch with her in his arms. I nodded my head and walked towards him while he sat down carefully, trying to not wake her up. I kissed the side of his head. "I love you." I told him as he had taken being a father seriously. He nodded his head while he glanced up at me with his sweet smile forming on his face. His blue eyes were full of life and warmth, having both of his two favorite girls. "I love you more baby." He spoke as he watched me walk away towards our bedroom where I would shower for the first time after labor. Following the instructions that the doctor had given me to take care of myself, but also to relieve the pain in my back with the warmth of the shower. I sat the hospital bag down at the end of our bed and walked to the dresser where most of my clothes had been. I pulled out comfortable clothing that had consisted of light blue lululemon shorts alongside an oversized Jimmy Buffett shirt I had purchased in South Carolina. Pulling out the top draw, I picked out underwear and a breastfeeding bra that was comfortable enough for me, along with a pair of white Nike socks.

I headed into the bathroom with my arms full of clothing and sat it out on the counter. I opened the shower door, turning on the shower to the warm setting. I had stripped myself out of the clothes I had come home from the hospital in, throwing them into the dirty laundry that sat in the corner of the bathroom. Heading into the shower, I let the warm water soak down my entire body. My body had been worn from the bump that grew for nine months, which still puffed out and would for a while until I would be able to start working out again. I knew my body would change forever after having a daughter and I accepted it; knowing how happy I am now that I had her. It was worth it over and over again.

4:30 pm.

Dressing myself after the shower felt like a hassle due to my body being sore from giving birth. I had taken my time, taking care of myself even though I wanted to hover over my daughter's every moment to take care of her. Allowing my curly hair to air dry, I finished putting on moisturizer along my body and face just to feel refreshed. Once I was finished, I had headed out of the room where I heard Rafe talking to someone. Narrowing my eyebrows, I tucked strands of hair behind my ears to show my multiple piercings along both earlobes. "I love you, my little baby. You are so precious. So beautiful like your mommy." He spoke gently with Kodi as he sat on the couch with her. Smiling to myself, I walked out of the bedroom to see our daughter holding his fingers with her tiny hands. He caressed his sweet daughter's face with the back of his hand. Walking into the living room from the hallway that led into our room, I watched him with happiness forming in my eyes. From giving birth yesterday, soreness didn't seem to bother me as much as many people declare that it does.