8 Years ~ Thomas

(y/n) – your name
(y/l/n) – your last name
(y/h/c) – your hair color
(y/e/c) – your eye color

Thomas' POV

I stood to the side of the store, double checking my list, making sure I didn't forget anything, when I saw someone I haven't seen in years. How could I forget that (y/h/c) hair and those (y/e/c) eyes?

     "(y/n)?" I asked.

She looked around to see who was calling her name before her eyes landed on me and she went as white as a ghost.

     "Thomas!" she gasped.
     "Oh, my gosh! It's been forever!" I say as I walk closer to her.
     "Yeah, it has" she says as she looks around, I think looking for someone.
     "What, 8 years or something?" I asked her. I couldn't really remember but it was something like that.
     "Uh, yeah, almost 9." She says.
     "How have you been?" I ask her.
     "Uh...good. Good. Uh, how about you?" she asks while she still looks around.
     "Yeah, good. Good." I tell her.

Wow. This is kind of awkward, I think to myself. She's acting like I'm about to kill her and is looking for someone to help her. I was about to ask her if she was okay, but then a young boy with dirty blonde hair and big brown eyes and a face that you have no idea what his age is...kinda like me...came running up to her.

     "Mom, is this the milk you wanted?" the young boy asked.

Mom? (y/n)'s a mom? Wow. (y/n)'s face went even whiter if that's even possible.

     "Who—who's this?" I stutter.
     "Uh...this is my son, Simon." She told me.
     "Hi." Simon said to me with a small smile. Like my smile when I'm around new people.
     "Um, Simon this is Thomas, an old friend."
Old friend? We dated for 5 years before she disappeared our junior year of high school to go live with her grandmother and I hadn't seen or heard from her until now.
     "Um, sorry," (y/n) said snapping me out of my thoughts. "We need to get going. Simon has a doctor's appointment we need to get to."
     "I do?" Simon asks.
     "Yes. In fact, we're already late, we'll have to come back and get this stuff later. Come on, Simon."
     "But I'm not even sick." Simon says as (y/n) takes his hand and puts her basket down by the checkout.
     "All the more reason to go to the doctor. To keep you from not getting sick." (y/n) says as she got further away.
     "That makes no sense." Simon said as they walked out of the store doors.
What just happened? I thought to myself. Simon isn't...no, he couldn't be. Well, the timeline would be about right. All my thoughts were going through my head like crazy. I had to know the truth. I put my shopping basket on the checkout counter before I rushed out of the store and got to into my car. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and went to Facebook. I have an account, but I hardly use it. I scrolled through my small list of friends, and found Dylan, (y/n)'s brother and my old best friend. He stopped talking to me around the same time (y/n) did, but we kept up on Facebook. He didn't post much either, mainly just baseball stuff. I clicked on his account and noticed he was active, so I went to messenger and sent him a message.

     Hey, mate. Been a long time. How have you been?

About 30 seconds later, he messaged me back.

     Hey, Tommy! Not too bad. How about u?

     Not bad either. Hey, listen, I just saw (y/n) in the store, but she seemed kinda frantic. I wanted to talk to her. Do you know how I can reach her? Does she have a Facebook?

     You saw (y/n) at the store? Um, no, she doesn't have an account. It got hacked a while ago and she just deleted it.

     Where does she work? Could I go and visit her? Take her to get a cup of tea or something on her break? I really need to talk to her.