I lamented, gazing around.

I extended my hand and grabbed the picture. As I examined the fractured glass and torn edges, I noticed how unusual it actually looked.

"Hm? That's weird," I remarked, puzzled. The photo was completely blank.

Now that I'm thinking about it, not a single person is on his mind. He, himself is not even here. What's really going on?

I expressed, placing the broken frame back in its original place and getting out of his room.

My expression was breaking more and more as the hope I had for a second, as I saw myself back in this house, quickly disappeared.

"I thought maybe I could see her again," I pondered, going upstairs.

I opened the door to my old bedroom and slipped inside. As expected, Satoru kept the memory of it exactly as it used to look. Even some of my clothes were tossed on the ground as most of the times I was too lazy to pick them up.

"Heh, his mind definitely knows me," I spoke with a soft smile contouring my expression.

I walked up to my bookshelf. It was filled with all of my books, even with the ones that I haven't managed to read at that time.

"How did he remember all of this?" I thought to myself, letting my fingers brush over the spine of some of them. In doing so, I halted at one that seemed unfamiliar.

"I never had this book," I stated, pulling it from the shelf. The dark blue hardcover and the engraved white letters revealed its unique title...

"The Eye of Benzaiten."

Right when I uttered those words I heard some blaring movements coming from outside my room.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

Nobody answered.

Ultimately, I decided to get out of the room, with the book still in my hands as I had to remind myself why I was there in the first place. But then, all of a sudden I started to feel like I was watched, like I wasn't alone anymore.

"Creepy."

Chilling noises echoed from all around, resembling hurried footsteps and elusive whispers. It felt as if someone was running around, yet their presence remained invisible, shrouded in an eerie shadow.

"Okay, this is very unsettling, I should hurry and get out of here. There's no point in lingering around in his mind; he's going to kill me anyway after this..." I let out a pout and wandered away.

When I passed by the garden, an unusual sight made me stop. The once vibrant flowers, now withered, had lost their lively hues, blending into a somber, grayish tone.

I walked into it and crouched down, gently picking up a lifeless Dahlia flower.

"It used to be so red," I spoke to myself, studying it in my hand.

"What are you doing here?" a voice called as his presence weighed heavy on my mind.

"Sa...toru..." I said looking at him, but to my surprise I was looking at the kid version of Gojo instead of him right now.

He looked exactly the same as I remember when we first met.

"Oh... my... god! You're so cute!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my excitement as I jumped and hugged him tightly.

"Tsk, get off of me..." he grumbled, attempting to push me away.

"You're adorable!" I continued, disregarding his complaints.