French

{———————•———————}

Apparently, (not my words but Google's ones) French is one of the sexiest language to speak.

I learnt French. I'm fluent (with flying colors) in French...

Therefore, I'm allowing myself to share my experience with it.

Learning French is easy if you know English (no offense to anyone nor any other languages)! We use the same alphabet except a few lines above a few precise letters... Such as à, â, æ, œ, é, è, ê... Surprisingly, they all don't have the same pronunciation.

H is silent so you don't pronounce it. RIP people whose name start with an H. I'm in that case. I'll give you an example: Hamster is pronounced amster.

Stay with me! I am not done yet!

This is not hard... If you're enough young and have a lot of neurons, it's a piece of cake.

Now, let me explain why I'm writing this!

French is a sexy language. Our accent is hot and it's a great way to flex when you meet new people but...

French gives a gender to objects!

No, I am not kidding.

It goes like this:

- La table (feminine noun)
Which means a table...

- Le stylo (masculine noun)
Which means a pen...

Well, my question is how did people do to give a gender to objects? How? How did they come up with a way to classify objects in different genders?

I don't get it. If you do, please let me know.

Furthermore, some things in French doesn't really add up to my logic.

For instance, EAU is pronounced O(exactly like the letter). Okay, so why do you write three letters that have nothing to do with O to pronounce O at the end? By the way, eau means water and its une eau which makes water feminine.

French is also said to be the language of Molière, an exceptional writer just like saying English is the language of Shakespeare...

Anyway, back to French. Speaking of today, French people don't speak the same French anymore.

Merci (thank you) became cimer.

Une femme (a woman) became une meuf.

Un frère (a brother) became un reuf.

Le travail (the work) became le taf.

French has 16 verb tenses (like simple futur, present or past tense in English). Those 16 verb tenses ares separated from each other in 7 categories called verb models. The verbs are separated in three different categories and based on that, they are conjugated differently... Conjugation of verbs in French makes you cry.

Still staying with me? Okay...

les - lès - lez - l'es - l'ai - lei - leg - lai - laie -lait - laid

All of these are different words and they have different meanings but they're all pronounced the same. For your knowledge, they're pronounced le as in leg.

I know, French grammar, orthography, and whatever it is... is a pain in the cinnamon toast butt.

Good luck learning French and using it in real life...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you speak French?

If you do and feel related, let me know.

If you don't believe me when I say French is easy, watch this!

https://youtube.com/shorts/4jZE6y-uGJQ?si=XD_aU-TLqkKVCZk7

https://youtube.com/shorts/yjKpjxjG4mc?si=pWPJAMbEd7xX_KWV

https://youtube.com/shorts/SbrW3Duz2-A?si=-paWTHs8OqxSI2lI

Singing off
The Genius Pen