Having been apart from Yan Yan for almost half a year, he had missed her. However, he understood this separation was so they could be together for a long time in the future. The occasional letters were long since unable to satisfy the thirst in his soul. Luo Huai Yuan's heart was set on speeding home.

~~~~~
On the other side by the Yun Prince Estate.

Yan Yan was extremely bored while Luo Huai Yuan was gone. The Yun Prince Estate's system for internal and external affairs had been set up extremely clearly. Everyone had been methodically arranged and followed procedure in handling things. There was no need for her to do anything normally.
Now that she was idle, she put her thoughts onto Mei Xiang, Yi Yun and Yi Meng.

These three personal maids had already become old maids. They never spoke up and Yan Yan didn't know what to say. But seeing that they weren't young but were still unmarried, Yan Yan couldn't bear it considering they had been with her for a long time.

Without any other choice, she could only forcibly give the orders for the three of them to find a partner and get married before the end of the year.

Actually, it wasn't that they weren't worried about this matter, but having stayed inside the inner residence, the number of boys they met could be counted on one hand. They all knew they should be getting married, but who should they marry? Would they have a good life after marriage? Wouldn't it be better to remain by the consort's side? These were all things to consider.

Especially since these people were all born into the household. They had often seen their sisters or maids with good connections get married. The next time they saw them, these young lasses had all become women with worries in life. This truly made them tremble in fear.

Of course, Mei Xiang's group weren't like the others. They were the Yun Consort's palace maids after all. They had come with her to the Yun Province from the Weiyuan Marquis Estate. Yan Yan naturally wouldn't match them with someone random.

Furthermore, Yan Yan had also said they could pick whoever was suitable within the estate. As long as they had their eye on someone, she would send people over for matchmaking. There shouldn't be any difficulties.

Of course, choosing someone suitable needed some consideration. They were of rather low birth, and although they didn't have to worry about being on the slave registry since Yan Yan just had to say the word to release them, just what sort of partner was suitable? The three knew they couldn't delay any longer and discussed things in private. They all decided to have the consort choose for them.
Thus the difficult problem was thrown back at Yan Yan.

In her helplessness, she could only spread the news that her three personal palace maids were looking for a husband. Those who were interested should come propose. The requirements were to be of similar age, no bad habits, decent appearance and a good character. Of course, just because you came to propose doesn't mean you could carry a beauty back home. They had to get past Yan Yan first, and then get the approval of the bride-to-be.

When the news was released, there were many hearts stirred.

The people in the front and rear residences were all eunuchs and palace maids. Within the entire estate, those who suited Mei Xiang's group of three most were the estate's guards. These guards were of different ages. Those who followed the Yun Prince over certainly didn't have great backgrounds. They were mixed in with a bunch of crude fellows year round. To be able to marry a beautiful wife, who was even the consort's personal high-ranked palace maid, was essentially a blessing from the heavens. They all started evaluating themselves to see if they were suitable, and whether they would be spurned if they stepped up.

The estate guards suddenly started showing off their good sides. They used to be a bunch of coarse fellows who didn't care about their appearances. Recently, they started taking care of themselves.