"Not my name Virat and yes Ishu, chal let's start."

Ishan gave him a big grin and they got started on the meal.

X

"Ishu! Kidhar like jaa rha hai? Bata nhi rha toh dekhne toh de yaar!" Shubman whined for the Nth time.

"Chup-chap chalte reh."

"Mai gir jaaunga na toh samajh aayegi tereko.Gunda kahi ka" Shubman huffed.

"Funny you think I'd let you fall. Abhi chal chupchap." Ishan chuckled. 

So after cooking and getting the meal ready with his big brothers' help (read: him and Virat destroying half of the raw ingredients while Rahul trying to do the actual work), Ishan got himself and Shubman ready, blindfolded the younger one and was now in a very painful process of leading him to the planned location because Shubman would not stop asking questions! He'd got Shubman ready on the pretence of a surprise and somehow Shubman didn't know the concept of surprises or how they must be kept as a secret! 

But this was Shubman and Ishan would do anything for him. Literally.

 Ishan smiled tiredly.

"Ishu-"

"I swear to god Shubi! Ek aur shabd bola toh wapas room le jaaunga!"

"But-"

"No buts! Finger on your lips!"

Shubman showed his tongue to Ishan or where he suspected Ishan was through his blindfold.  "Hitler Ishu," and put his finger on his lips. Ishan muffled his laughter and resisted the urge to pull the taller one's cheeks. 'There would be plenty of time later', he reasoned and continued to drag his best friend towards their 'destination' again.

"Chal, utar de kapda, aa gye hum, "Ishan spoke after some time. Shubman complied and pulled off the blindfolded. He stared at the scene in front of him. 

Ishan had brought him to the hotel's abandoned storeroom which at the moment didn't look like it was one. The room was cleaned completely, void of any boxes previously stored there, fairy lights in the shapes of stars and moons hung on the walls, casting a soft glow over the room. At the centre stood a small circular table, laid with covered dishes and two adjacent chairs accompanied it. The view outside the window was just as regal with orange, pink and blue hues spread across the sky. Shubman stood quietly, taking it all in.

Ishan grew nervous. He was standing a step behind Shubman, waiting for him to say something... anything.

"Shubi?" He whispered, afraid to break the silence in the huge room. 

"Did you do this?" he asked very quietly.

"Huh?" Ishan asked dumbly.

"This...did you do this all for me, Ishan?"

"Yes," Ishan breathed out.

Suddenly, Shubman whirled around and threw his arms around the shorter man with so much force that Ishan had to take two steps back to keep them both standing. Shubman buried his head in Ishan's neck completely. Ishan hugged him right back.

"Shubi?"

"Thank you, Ishu." 

"Ab tu mujhe thank you bolega?"

"You know what I mean!" Shubman whined and nuzzled in closer.

Ishan chuckled and caressed Shubman's head gently. "Abhi khana khana bhi hai, Gill sahab," he teased softly.

Shubman finally got up and without giving any further look to Ishan, went and sat at the table. Then, he looked at the older man expectantly.

"Serve," Shubman commanded, mirth dancing in his eyes.