Take The Dive

The stars and planets passed by faster than it would take to blink. Sam thought it was a little too soon to be heading to the Vespa Station but they needed to debrief the whole team somewhere, and they spent a enough time recruiting Ryley as it. Ryley himself said very little since they got him out of the Incarceration Facility, he just picked a corner and started reading from the P.D.A they'd given him. Sam decided to to use her own, she looked at the yellow prototype and the black words inscribed on it "XENOWORX" she made a rush to turn it on the last thing she needed was a reminder of her sister.

After listening to "Father and Son" a few times Emanuel came and told them to meet at the bridge when they got there Vespa Station was in view. It was a grand piece of architecture. Orange mostly with white hexagons and a gravity generator. Sam had been here many times she was one of the first people stationed here, it mostly felt like home since then. Working and mapping the data the ground team had sent.

Frankly she had always wanted to go to 4546B but other researchers and robotosists had already filled those positions only now did Alterra consider her for this mission... at least only after what happened after...Sector Zero.

Sam shook the thought off it wasn't worth thinking about and it's not like...It wasn't anyone's fault Sam thought after the ship docked to the station they made their way to the assembly room. Everyone was already sitting there ready for instructions Sam noticed some of the faces, Fred Lachance the Seatruck pilot and Lillian Bench. She and Ryley sat down and Emanuel went to the front.

"Ladies and gentlemen." He bagan calmly "It's with a great honor that I see all of you here. I'll cut to the chase Alterra has made significant progress studying the planet 4546B beneath us." He gestured towards the window "We have Eyes you know!" Sam heard Ryley shout from the back row.

"Within the past year we've been trying to set a home of operations and refine whatever natural resources we could find." A holo-projector on the catwalk above lit the wall behind him with an image

It was a colossal Iceberg with hangars and compartments etched into and submarines drifting around it. "Alpha Station" it said

"As time went by things were fine, we were collecting and processing the natural resources and research teams gathered valuable data." Emanuel droned on "But as you may have heard the planet used to be home of an isolated genetic virus, The Kharaa Bacterium."

Some kind of crab-looking thing with four legs If your could call them that and a single blue eye on the top of its head. Bright green pustules covered its body Sam could only imagine what could happen to a human if they got sick, and she didn't want to not now, not ever.

 Bright green pustules covered its body Sam could only imagine what could happen to a human if they got sick, and she didn't want to not now, not ever

"For at least the last past millennia it had ravaged the planet's ecosystem and all but decimated the local wildlife, altering their genetic code." Emanuel explained "The apex predators almost became as slow and defenseless as their prey. But a cure was discovered and introduced into the food chain that slowly returned the animals to their original sate."