❪ 017 ❫. fucking unity day

Start from the beginning

         They kept their distance so Octavia didn't know she was being followed. But with Finn's tracking abilities and Kinsley's determination and find out what the girl has been hiding since they set aflame to the hallucinogenic nuts, they would easily catch onto her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

                  Bellamy noticed Quinn sitting alone, watching the camp with a softened stare. He sat beside her, and the girl didn't have to turn her head to know who it was. They remained in a comforting silence, the fire blazing through the air, heightening the lights around them. "You see your parents during the pageant?" Bellamy asked.

Quinn shook her head, suddenly dipping her head low. "No, the comms cut out during the event. They're still dead. At least, Clarke said it was," she replied, taking a heavy breath. "I don't think I want to see them through the screen anyway. Not when I know they're going to be here in a few days. I'm just waiting for the moment I get to see them in person again, you know?"

Bellamy nodded his head, meeting with Quinn's eyes. Just as she promised, Quinn spoke to Clarke about helping Bellamy with speaking to Jaha. He was pardoned for his crimes, just like the rest of the juveniles, in return for reporting Shumway's actions to the Chancellor. "Best Unity Day ever," Bellamy murmured humorously.

Quinn chuckled, seeing the smile etched on Bellamy's face before she glanced away, gawking at the many teenagers dancing and cheering. Laughing and partying. Even with being on the ground, the supposed war against the Grounders made it difficult to see the joy. But Unity Day brought a sense of peace that the Grounders couldn't even stop. "What happened with the Grounder?"

Bellamy raised his brows. "By now, he's made it home. Probably putting together a lynch mob." The Blake man saw the worried expressions flash through the girl's face, making a comforting beam plaster his face in solace. "Relax, Quinn. I have security covered. Why don't you get a drink? You look like you could use one."

Quinn narrowed her eyes playfully at the man sitting beside her. "Is that supposed to be an insult, Bellamy Blake?" She asked, raising her brows knowingly towards the man. Bellamy snickered in response to her joke. She heavily sighed, the smile still glued onto her face. "I don't know if I could have a drink."

"Quinn," Bellamy pointedly said. "The Exodus ship carrying your parents come down here in two days. After that, the party's over. Have some fun while you still can. You deserve it."

The McKenna girl nodded her head, which had a sense of pride raised in Bellamy's chest. However, Quinn made no effort to stand up and get a drink like he suggested, only facing the man. "You're right, but" Bellamy furrowed his brows at the condition she was about to lay out on him, "I'll only have fun if you do too. You also deserve it, Bellamy. You've come a long way from 'whatever the hell we want'." She sincerely said, putting on an accent in an attempt to mimic Bellamy's words.

He shook his head. "I'll have my fun when the Grounders come." Quinn sharply inhaled, standing to her feet and looked down at Bellamy as he stayed seated. She held her hand up, earning a brow raise from the man. She gestured to her hand again, making Bellamy roll his eyes with a grin before accepting the offer, feeling her pull him to his feet.

"I'll get us both a drink," Quinn said. "And if you don't drink with me, then I guess neither of us will be having fun and just sitting for the whole night. Best Unity Day ever, right?" The girl countered before walking away smugly, leaving a slightly flushed Bellamy Blake behind.