CHAPTER 3

The next day was no better

The next day was no better... Jackson called me in the morning,
"Hey, Everleigh, you need to be here ASAP." He said.
He hung up before I could even ask him where I was supposed to be, I took my umbrella in case it snowed and went outside, he sent me the location on my cell phone, I walked there since the location was Madison's house and I knew the way.

On the way there I ran into an old friend from middle school, her name was Emma, she was the bully of the school, she bullied every single kid that wasn't rich or cool. She even used to bully me and Madison.
She was about 5'7", blonde, and had grey eyes.
"Omg, Hi Everleigh!" She giggled.
"Hi Emma..."I rolled my eyes, carelessly.

-Flashback -

Back in middle school I was the nerd, and my best friend Amanda was the cool girl, she wasn't rich or anything, she just had the best taste in clothes and knew how to look great. Like I said, Emma was the bully, I got bullied every day, she made fun of how I dressed and what I ate for lunch, and even my hair, well, everyone always made fun of my hair because I didn't know how to deal with my super frizzy and curly hair.

One day I was on my way to the restroom when Emma and her minions were there, they started laughing at my hair and asked me who did it for me that day. I didn't answer her and walked out.
But little did I know that wasn't enough for her! Later that same day, she ran into me and spilled her drink on me,

"What the heck Emma!" I shouted.
"Oops, sorry!" she laughed with her friends.

I went to change as I had an extra sweater in my locker and when they saw me they laughed like maniacs!
I just didn't understand what they were laughing at, my sweater was fine, it had a Pokémon print on the back, at least that's what I thought, and on the front it had a little Pokémon ball on the top right.

I went into the bathroom to check my clothes and that's when the disaster happened: I looked in the mirror and there it was, a HUGE cut on my back! I panicked as I  tried to hide it and almost screamed, that's when Amanda came to rescue me and brought me an extra hoodie she had, I put it on and went out to thank her!

"It's no big deal, and I'm sorry for what happened, Emma can be extra mean sometimes." Said Amanda.
And from that day on we became inseparable!

-End of the flashback-

Emma and I talked for a few minutes before I remembered that I had to go see Jackson!
"Crap! I've to go, it was nice seeing you, bye!" I said as I turned to walk away.
"Wish I could say the same." Emma whispered.

It was rude, but I didn't care because the last thing I needed right now was a surge of negative energy from Emma.

After 15 minutes of walking through the white snow I was at Madison's, Jackson was standing outside the door with a strange looking man, he also had that mysterious look on his face, just like Jackson, Jackson spotted me from a distance and signalled me with his hand to come,