jackie paused, reflecting on her own past experiences, and then gently clarified, "our old school didn't have a football team."

blanca nodded in agreement, adding with a slight grin, "or boys."

will and alex exchanged surprised glances, realizing the stark contrast in their respective upbringings compared to the sisters'.

"well, it's good small-town fun," will remarked as jackie handed over the portrait she was holding to alex.

as alex received the portrait, will continued, a playful grin on his face, "you know, working the cart at the homecoming huddle has kind of become a walter rite of passage."

alex shook his head in mock protest, mouthing a silent 'no' at will's comment, but a slight smile betrayed his amusement at the tradition being attributed to the walter family.

"will's making it sound like joining a secret society or something." blanca commented.

"it's for charity, we do it every year," will explained, emphasizing the philanthropic aspect of their cider-selling tradition.

"still confused as to why jackie and i need a babysitter to sell apple cider," alex commented, a hint of playful skepticism in his tone, which elicited a chuckle from jackie.

"yeah, well," will sighed playfully, "you'll be glad i'm there when it springs a leak or rolls down main street or something." alex couldn't help but roll his eyes at his brother's teasing remark.

as the rest of the group departed to get ready for the day, blanca lingered behind in the barn, relishing the quietude amidst the horses, her fingers gently caressing their sleek coats. she took a moment to appreciate the peaceful ambiance of the barn before deciding it was time to head out. as she made her way towards the exit, her attention was caught by the sight of cole and his little sister, parker, a few feet away from her.

cole gently turned parker around by her shoulder to face him, sensing apprehension.

"it's my first time playing offense. what if i mess up and we lose?" parker expressed her concern, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

crouching down to be at eye-level with his little sister, cole spoke softly, seeking to reassure her. "hey," he began, his tone comforting, "like dad says, 'you can't win until you learn to lose.'"

blanca, witnessing this heartwarming interaction, remained quiet, not wanting to intrude on the poignant moment between the siblings.

"that's what pee-wee football is about," cole continued, emphasizing the valuable lessons of resilience and growth. "learning how to lose, getting back up, and winning."

parker looked at her brother.

"okay, nobody starts with the super bowl," he added with a hint of humor, eliciting a chuckle from parker. "but... if you're nervous, which i know you won't be, you look up into the stands, and you'll see me eating popcorn and cheering you on. front row center. cross my heart."

with a genuine promise, cole handed parker the football he had been holding, his reassurance instilling confidence in her. grrateful for her brother's support, parker thanked him before darting off excitedly towards the house, her spirit uplifted by cole's encouraging words and his unwavering promise of being there to cheer her on.