𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆

Start from the beginning

"he has a game here" she smiled as she plopped down next to him, the smile on her face not leaving.

"when?"

"i don't know actually"

"oh my god devon, you stupid brilliant devon" julien exclaimed out of the sudden, turning off his phone and looking at her.

devon furrowed her brows, debating in her head if she should thank him or hit him "should i be offended?"

"you got yourself the perfect opportunity to surprise him" he claimed, actually looking excited at whatever that was going through his mind.

"what? what do you mean?" she asked, sitting up to be at level with him.

"you know he's coming, you don't know when yet. so when he tells you, you have the opportunity to be like 'oh, i can't go blah blah blah'" he said, rolling his eyes dramatically.

"but that's really mean" she interrupted, not liking the idea of doing something like that to quinn. she knew if he did that to her she would've gotten sad.

"let me finish. so then he'll be disappointed but you'll go to the arena and you'll surprise him before the game and then he'll dedicate the game to you" he finished with jazz hands, looking proud of himself for the idea.

"since when are you a hopeless romantic?" devon smirked, expecting this idea from everyone except julien.

"whatever"

"there's a flaw though, how am i supposed to surprise him before the game? people aren't allowed to go backstage" she said, furrowing her brows in thought.

"devon, tell me, how would you be able to go?" jule retorted, looking at devon as if she was the stupidest person in the world.

"uh, if a player let's me i think, i don't know" she shrugged, not sure about the rules considering this was the first time she was dating a nhl player, it wasn't as if there was a manual out there.

"how many players on his team, besides quinn, do you know?" he rolled his eyes again, doing motions with his hands. 

"a bunch" she said, suddenly getting the idea on her head causing jule to nod appreciatively "ohh, i get it. but wouldn't he get mad?"

"stop overthinking! it would be cute. go on, text one of his teammates" he urged, adamant that the idea would be cute. he had a pretty good hunch that quinn would like the idea, plus seeing his reaction would be hilarious.

"if something goes wrong i'll literally kill you"

"sure, sure"

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

INSTAGRAM DMS
BBOESER

hiiii
it's devon!
sent 12:13 PM

hi devon!
i was busy sorry
what's up?
sent 1:42 PM

hii
i'm so sorry if this is weird but
i have a favor to ask you

yeah
what happened?

quinn told me you guys
have a game in nyc
do you know when it is?

i think it's next tuesday

okay okay
i was thinking of surprising him
before the game
but i don't know how to
get into the locker room

ohh
i can go and get you
they'll let you pass through

really?

yes of course
i could get petey or someone
else to record if you'd like