Chapter 4~||The Wolf-man||

Disclamier~ I do not own this nothing but my character Aya. Everything else is from Darren Shan! Again I own nothing of the Cirque du Freak saga~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

||The Show has Started||

~||Aya's (P.O.V.)||~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me, Darren and Steve found our seats and waited for the show to start. As I waited Steve and Darren talked and I was left to look around. To my surprise there were alot of people here. Fancy, none-fancy common folks.

Then trumpets started to play loudly. It annoyed me, yeah but soon died down. But this 'thing' in a cage appeared and the trumpets were replaced by the screams of the aduiance and growls and snares of that 'thing'!

I soon realized that ugly thing was a wolfman!

(...But is it really a wolfman? Stuff like that exists in movies and anime! Not real life.) I told myself. As soon as I was going to ask myself more question, Mr. Tall came out. And then the wolfman calmed down a bit, enough for Mr. Tall to talk.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Cirque du Freak, home of the world's most remarkable humans being.

"We are an ancient circus. We have toured for five hundred years, bringing the grotesque to generation after generation. Our lineup has changed many times, but never our aim, which is to astound and terrify you! We present act both frightening and bizarre, acts you can find nowhere else in the world."

I thought he'll stop and start the show, but he continued talking and explaining...

"Those who are easily scared should leave now," he warned us, "I'm sure there are people who came tonight thinking this was a joke. Maybe they thought our freaks would be people in mask, or harmless misfits. This is not so! Every act you see tonight is real. Each performer is unique. And none are harmless."

With that he walked off staged and soon two lovely ladies in shinny suits came out. But to my surprise they unlocked the wolfman's cage and let him out! Some people looked scared but none left.

Why would they risk everyone here? Wait, it might really be a wolfman, or then again someone might be acting like a savaged beast... Yeah that's it... I think...?

The yelping and howling of the wolfman snapped me back reality and soon saw one of the ladies hypnotize him with her fingers. Then the other lady turn to us and said,

"You must be very quiet. The wolfman will not be able to hurt you as long as we control him, but a loud sound could wake him up, and then he would be deadly!"

After explaining that they walked off stage and walked with wolfman around the theater. He's hair or fur was a dirty gray color.

As they walked him they kept warning us to be very quiet. Finally it was our turn and me and Steve pet him gently. Darren didn't touch him, probably scared he might wake up and bit him.

"How did it feel you guys?" He asked us.

"It was spiky," Steve replied, "like a hedgehog, and it smells strange, too, like burning rubber."

As they talked I thought about how it felt. It was real, no seams or anything. There was no doubt that that was a REAL wolfman! But then again it might just be a person who just acts as a wild beast to scare us. If I saw it in action that would close the deal and make me believe it really is a werewolf.

BANG!!!

That snapped me to reality and my eyes automatically shifted to the wolfman, who now snapped out of the trance and began roaring! He shoved the ladies away and headed for the nearest people to it!

Bound by Fate an Unchangable Destiny... or is it? (cirque du freak story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara