Chapter 2~||Its Settled Then, to the Cirque||

"Who are you? If you don't mind me asking?" I asked the man.

"Me? I am a cirus performer, simply passing out flyers for our performance. I now took shelter here to wait for the rain to stop a little bit." He responded.

"Oh, but not to be rude but I was asking for your name."

"It is rude to ask for someone's name while not giving ones own first." He said firmly.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Aya, Aya Leonard,"

"Nice to meet you Miss Leonard, my nam-"

"Aya hurry up!" My mother shouted, and I realized she was back!

"I am sorry Aya we did not get to know each other more, but my name is Larten. And please take these two flyers if you decide to come to our performance." He said as he handed the two flyer to me and I shoved them in the plastic bag and ran toward the car.

I turned around to thank him when I realized he was gone! Just like that! I got in the car and stared at where we were just standing, speechless.

"Honey, did you get what I asked you too? hmm?" Mother asked me, as if I was still a little girl to her.

"...yea. I got them, but..." I wanted to ask her if she saw someone standing next to me and where he might have gone to? But I decided that I shouldnt say anything.

"What was that sweety?"

"Nothing mom."

"You sure?" She pressed on, but I said I was ok, to just forget about it.

I looked again to see where he might have gone, but i couldnt think clearly. Or lsee clearly for dat matter. Quietly I whispered to myself, almost as if vocieless.

"Thank you, Larten..."

Back to our house Steve seemed to calm down a bit. He was talking to me now, not kindly but hey, at least it was something. Darren stayed over with us for dinner, and stayed a while too. We had fun, but it wasnt as fun as when I was back at my happy home over sea.

Still... i got to admit I like being with my family. It gets lonely being by yourself, day after day.

Still what was more on my mind, was Larten. I still wonder why, why am I thinking of him?

"Aya do you think you can help me wash the dishes?"

"..."

"Aya!" She said a bit louder this time.

"Huh!" Was the best I could come up with.

"Can you help me out?"

"...sure...with what?" I asked sense me was off in lala land. -_-...

"Washing the dishes sweety." With that she was off, to who knows where? Ohhhh, whatever.

Again for some reason I went back to think of Larten. I really dont know why though? But this happen when I finished washing the dishes for my mother.

"Why can't I stop thinking of Larten? I mean we barely got to talk, except saying our names that's about it... but i feel funny when i think about it..."

I was still fighting with myself I really couldn't explain why I was thinking of him. Then I realized the flyers he gave me! I took them out of the plastic bag I had them. I looked at one of them and well... it read something like this...

'Cirque du freak, a freak show unlike any other. A real live one with amazing people with really powers. We bring to you Evra the snake boy, Truska the breaded woman etc...'