"What's wrong?" Haerin mumble.

- Haerin POV -

"My professor just emailed that I can't bring you to my next class," Y/n started to look a little stressed.

I felt really bad that I made Y/n drag me along with them, but I really did feel safer this way. It felt good to see what Y/n did the entire time they were at school.

"Oh," I lowly answered.

"I thought I saw you walking around the campus!" Someone suddenly approached us.

It was the girl from the other day.

Seulgi.

"Oh, Sunbae!" Y/n quickly got up to bow at her

"I thought grad students didn't start school until a few more weeks," Y/n politely questioned.

"Yeah, but I'm just getting ready to start the semester. I don't want to realize I'm missing something at the last minute," Seulgi kindly answered back.

"That's smart," Y/n awkwardly replied.

The quick conversation was starting to dry out when Seulginim suddenly turned to look at me.

"Oh, Kang Haerin, right? Do you go to here now too?" She asked.

I was a little nervous to answer with my words, so I shyly shook my head.

"Actually, she's just here as a visitor. Her own college doesn't start until a bit later," Y/n assisted me.

"Ooh, that's cool. I guess she really can't stay away from you for too long," Seulgi began to tease.

"Umm, yeah. But I can't take her to my next class so I don't know what to do with her," Y/n awkwardly chuckled.

Seulginim suddenly looked me up and down, before saying... "I'll take care of her."

"Really? Are you sure?!" Y/n's mood seemed to light up.

"Yeah, I don't mind!" Seulgi giggled.

"Oh, you're the best!!" Y/n started to grab their things.

"I got to go. Behave, okay?" Y/n kissed my forehead goodbye and suddenly took off running.

Without an explanation or anything, I was just left behind with a stranger.

"So, you're Y/n's little sister that's not a little sister," Seulginim took a seat across from me.

"How does that work?" She smugly asked.

I've always hated when people referred to me as Y/n's little sister. I specifically didn't like it now that Y/n and I were exploring our feelings for each other.

"Seriously, I'm curious. How are you two not related if you were adopted as a kid?" Seulgi insisted.

I took a deep breath, realizing she wasn't going to give it up, and lowly said.... "I wasn't adopted, I was found".

"What does that mean?" Seulginim sipped on her ice coffee.

I contemplated on if I should explain or not, but ultimately decided that I should. I didn't want me and Y/n possibly dating to come as a surprise in the future.

"When I was a kid, I got lost at the beach and Y/n was the one to find me. My parents didn't end up coming back for me, so Y/n and their grandma had been taking care of me ever since," I explained.

"Ah, okay," Seulgi nonchalantly responded.

She didn't look very interested in my explanation.

"When I was 16, I lost my little sister. She was next to me one moment and the next she was gone. I can only hope that maybe my sister could have gotten as lucky as you," she suddenly exhaled out.

I tilted my head a bit confused.

"You lost your sister?" I asked a bit upset.

I felt a little triggered that Seulginim was so reckless with her actions that she lost a child. If she had really been looking after her sister, then she wouldn't have lost her.

"Yeah, I don't remember much about that day. It's too painful to think about it, but I always hoped that maybe one day she'd walk through the door and forgive me for being such a bad sister," Seulgi started to avoid eye contact with me.

I didn't give her the pleasure of a response.

I wasn't going to lie and say that her sister would forgive her. If I was her sister, I don't know if I would forgive her. If I ever do meet my parents again, I don't think I could look them in the eyes and not feel bitter about what they did.

-

-

-

-

-