Chapter Twenty-Three Powers Awakened Racheal's POV

Start from the beginning

Racheal sky eyes widen in disbelief. Drooling saliva dropped from above, tarnishing the amour in a strange clear glue. Racheal cranked her neck up. Avoiding the dragon's jaws, she rolled away, sending saplings of dragon nip towards the snarling creature.
She jumped across three clusters of roots, heading deeper into the navy swamp waters, pools of water big enough to shallow her, consumed the ground.
Racheal caught her breath, hoping the addictive plants caused a distraction. She reached out, remembering parts of the area. Her magical scan burst from her plan, surging the area. She gasped, finding the long remains of a witch she accompanied and those she formally called friends.
Trees tumbled to the ground; a piercing roar silenced the noises of the swamp.

Before Racheal could steel herself against a stream of scolding water, the sound of flames erupting creating a veil of steam. Someone yanked her out of harm's way. She opened her eyes, her hands securely around Shane's waist on the black of a small agile dragon she'd never seen before. They flew over the trees.
"Glad I reached you in time. Hold on Racheal."
"The swamp dragon is acting territorial if we leave to another part." Shane held up a hand, silencing her.
"Normally your plan would work, but this ancient dragon has conquered the entire swamplands." Shane explained,
"So, any ideas?" Racheal asked. She searched the skies for Ignatius. Seeing the two fearsome dragons batting with a mix of ice and water,
"We persuade the creature we have left." Shane grinned. He dropped flying his steed, so she hovered above the ground.

Racheal slid down. Planting her feet. Shane came beside her, sending the dragon away with a flick of his fingers. Racheal watched the two dragon's claw at one other, butting the softy exposed leather skin. Ignatius and the swamp dragon tumbled into a cluster of ancient oaks. Racheal sprinted, closing the distance as terror enclosed her heart.
She never believed in gods or goddesses but prayed Ignatius survived the fail, Racheal reached one pound waiting through the icy water. Her limbs numbed inside her boots, she exited the lake, her lower half soaked she rushed to the piercing distressed roars of a dragon, Shane hurried trying to keep up with Racheal. He couldn't understand where she got the extra energy.

The siblings reached the crash site. The swamp dragon throws them backwards with a swipe of the creature's powerful tail, snarling at them. Crimson blood dropped mixing into the forest floor.
Racheal signed in relief, seeing no sign of Ignatius, meaning the ice dragon escaped. Racheal rolled herself and Shane before the massive muscles crushed their bones.

Shane clasped her wrist, pulling her into the forgotten ruins of a dragon skin temple. Shane bent over, gasping, inhaling the chilling air. The territorial dragon hissed and roared in disgust.
But refused to touch the brown stones, withered stone crumbled away, vines grew untamed, covering the hieroglyphics depicted on the dark walls. Shane activated a fireball, illuminating the surrounding shine. Racheal watched their fearsome foe disappear into the foliage. A sweet potent smoke filled the area, the burning incense a signal to Shane. Someone had visited the water-logged ruins.
Water leaked from the root, making a constant dripping sound. This irked Shane. He twitched, finding the dripping annoying. Racheal removed the overgrown vines, wishing she had caught something for breakfast.
Ignatius landed, checking on the siblings, before flying off to the haven where he first landed. His clawed feet left small droplets of blood, staining the ground with every step. Shane explored.
Finding a stone scroll, weathered and crumbled with age, but still readable.
"Four elemental children will be born with the blood of the dragon. One will have manipulation of fire. It will gift his sister with ice, an uncontrollable force of nature." The other two names faded with the ink: Racheal."
"I have an idea." Shane replied.
He removed Racheal's gloves, despite her protests. "Trust me, I'm your bother. There is a gathering pool of water inside a stone well, concentrate "Shane instructed.
Racheal grumbled, submerging her hands inside the freezing waters, small fish fluttered against her hands. She exhaled, wondering what crazy scheme Shane cooked up. She closed her eyes, her mind being tranquil, while in contact with the cherry blossom waters.