Chapter Twenty-Five Time Travel

The obsidian darkness remained solid underneath their boots. They floated in the air. Luna watched the stone failing around them. A raven cawed in the distance, before morphing before their eyes into the goddess,
Her Raven back hair slid down her back in neat waves, her sliver blue eyes inspected her surroundings. Luna browed, Matthew stood with a sceptical frown.
"Rise my champion. I congratulate you on finishing Kaiden's training, but now you must reclaim your memories."
Luna stood. "Thank you Morgine, reclaimed?" She questioned.
"Yes, three trials await you, and Matthew, each trial represents a memory. They will feel real, sights, sounds, touch." Her dress flowed, meeting the darkness as it ruffled when she walked. Objects and stone warped around them; a sliver tree gleamed in the distance. The goddess approached, glancing back, making sure the Delmora Lord followed at their heels.
Luna linked arms with her slender arm goddess.
"What admits the light? Your highness. "Matthew asked.
An artifact of power, the guardian guards the hellfire crystal, but if you succeed, he may reward you with it." The goddess laughed.
"This is important Luna. In order to access these trails, you must gain the power of time."
"How would I do that?" Luna questioned.
Twirl your scythe around, and this will generate enough power to create a portal. However, I will open the first portal. Good luck Luna."
They reached the gleaming tree, a sliver portal appeared within the tree trunk. Luna gulped. Matthew took her hand, bringing her inside the portal. At first, white dots danced around her vision, the emitted heat Matthew projected. She stumbled with her arms out in front of her, finding him nearby.

Her orange eyes cleared, burning with confusion. The area reminded her of the dryad forest, but tiny creatures and fairies fluttered in the air, or avoided her hiding in hollows in the moss-covered trees. Magical orbs floated along the ground, make from fairy dust. Spiders weaved golden weds.
Luna was stuck in webbing and saw a litter of Realm Walker cubs playing by a stream. The mother hissed protectively when she saw her and Luna backed away. She thought the cat to be extinct.
Luna confidently led the way through the dense forest, with Matthew following closely behind. Flaming salamanders scurried beside them, leaving trails of smoke patterns with their fiery tails. As they walked, the steady drumbeats that had been echoing through the trees faded away. "Is there a party somewhere?" Matthew quipped, a smile on his face. Luna simply shrugged, but they both knew that something extraordinary was happening.

Suddenly, the air was thick with the smell of smoke, causing their nostrils to flare. Smoke signals rose above the treetops, signalling that something was happening. They could hear the sounds of different musical instruments carried by the gentle breeze. They walked towards the clearing, where the thunderous waterfall flowed into a shimmering, enchanted lake. The sight was breathtaking, and Luna and Matthew were mesmerised.

As they approached the clearing, they could see the elemental dryads dancing to the beat of the music. Each movement was graceful and fluid, as if they were part of the forest itself. The burning torches that surrounded the clearing cast a warm glow, illuminating the assortment of food that was spread out on the tables. The smells were sweet, intoxicating, and inviting, making their mouths water.

Luna and Matthew stood there, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of this magical place. It was as if it had transported them to another world where anything was possible. They felt a sense of wonder and excitement. Luna's stomach became sick, her hands sweated with an overwhelming feeling of panic.
"Lord Drake, I have a strange feeling, drink or eat absolutely nothing." Luna warned. She searched the dryad women stole Matthew who danced with them carefree, his eyes glazed and unseeing entering a trance.