Six

I wake up cuddled into Eddie, still completely naked. I've been sleeping naked since my heat started, too warm to bother wearing pajamas. It's odd, I'm too warm to sleep in clothes, but I'm really clingy. Eddie and I are even more inseparable than normal. My stomach churns, and my mouth fills with spit. I rush out of the bed into my bathroom. Barely reaching the toilet before my stomach heaves and I throw up. I feel my hair get pulled out of my face and a hand rubbing my back.
"My poor princess." I lean against Eddie's side as he holds onto me. "We can stay home if you want to."
"No, we can't ditch school too much." I look up at him, one hand resting on my swelling stomach. It's been a little over a month and a half since my birthday, Eddie and I figured out that I'm pregnant a little over three weeks back. "We'll miss enough school when the pups come anyway."
"You're right." He sighs. "Anyone tries to touch you, though."
"I know, no one will touch us. They'd have to be stupid to do that." I turn on the shower to let the water warm up before getting both of us clothes.
After our shower, I pull my jeans on and go to button them, only for them not to button over my belly. They're just barely too tight. Maybe Eddie can get them to fasten. "Babe?"
"Yes, sweetheart?" His back is to me.
"Can you help me? I can't get my pants to fasten." He looks at me with a cute, dopey smile on his face.
"Gettin' big already, sweetheart? I'll try, but I'm not promising anything." His fingers grip the pieces of my jeans. I watch as his biceps flex, and he pulls them as close as they can, but they still won't fasten. "Sweetheart, even I can't get it." I groan, frustrated.
"And that's sucking it in. It looks like I'll be wearing dresses for the next however many months." He chuckles.
"Sweetheart, you don't have to suck it in. I don't care if people realize you're pregnant. We'll just tell them you're further along than you are."
"But that's the problem, I'm only what 7 weeks? I look like I'm four or five months along."
"We say you're three months, with twins or even triplets, or blame it on my height." He shrugs before taking my face between his palms. "Sweetheart, no matter what, some of the people we go to school with know you're pregnant. They can smell it on you, just like I did. Some of them know what we are because they're the same."
"You're right. I shouldn't worry." I change into a dress and get my shoes on. Eddie grabs one of his hoodies from our closet, putting it on my shoulders.
"I don't want you to get cold, sweetheart." I giggle.
"I wish I could get cold. I feel like I'm on fire." During classes, the first one to say anything is Chrissy.
"You must have gotten a deep heat." She whispers.
"How can you tell?" I ask, rolling my eyes.
"What's it like?"
"Which part being pregnant or the deep heat?"
"Both? If you don't mind me asking. Most Omegas in my pack are used as breeders. So they don't like talking about it."
"The heat was pretty animalistic, I couldn't think I just did. Being pregnant is kinda weird, I feel hot but clingy. I don't like being separated from Eddie. I'm only seven weeks, but I'm showing. My pants don't fit, and I almost had a full-on fit about it, Eddie even tried to button them, but it didn't work, even though I was sucking it in."
"Good to know."
"Why?" I ask her, curiosity laced in my voice.
"Because I'm about to turn 18. Everyone starts deep heats once they turn 18." I nod, empathizing with Chrissy.
"Let me guess, you're going to be Jason's personal breeder?" She smiles, a hint of sadness in her eyes.
"Yeah, so after next month, I'll look like you just without the same love."
"What if it doesn't take?"
"Then we do it every heat until it does." She shrugs. I can't help but feel a bit of pity for her. Thankfully, her scent is stronger to me than Jason's. I don't want to barf at school. The bell rings, releasing us to lunch. Thankfully, we get an hour lunch, which means that if I were craving something, Eddie would have enough time to go get it. Chrissy walks with me until we reach Eddie's locker, where he's waiting for me.
"Making friends with the queen of the high school, my queen of Hellfire?" He smirks.
"Yeah, she was asking me some baby questions." I smile up at my mate, one hand resting on my belly. He smiles at me, walking me to our seat. Once I'm perched atop his thigh, Gareth's eyes catch my hand resting on my belly. His eyebrows raise, looking between myself and Eddie. He doesn't say anything, the junior boy being smarter than to ask even an obviously pregnant woman if she's pregnant. Dustin, Mike, Jeff, John, and the others join the table. Dustin doesn't have the same smarts that Gareth does.
"Oh, now it's obvious why you canceled Hellfire that night." I glare at the boy.
"What's that supposed to mean, Henderson?" I snap. My usual submissive behavior makes it more harsh than I intend, and Dustin flinches backward.
"Hey, sweetheart, calm down. Ignore him." Eddie whispers against my arm as he gently kisses it. "Yeah, Athena's pregnant, and yeah, that's why I had to cancel hellfire on her birthday, we weren't ready to tell people yet. It was too soon. Now she's out of the woods."
I try not to show any surprise at how easily my mate lies to his friends.
"Shit, remind me never to piss her off." Jeff laughs at Mike's comment.
"It's always the quiet ones you should be afraid of."