𓆩ᥫ𝟏𝟓᭡𓆪

𓆩︶꒦꒷ꨄ︎꒷꒦︶𓆪

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈After a couple more nights spent in the land of waves the ninja were ready to leave

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
After a couple more nights spent in the land of waves the ninja were ready to leave. After a good nights sleep and a alot of medicine they were ready to trek back to the village hidden in the leaves. It was a sunny morning the group stood infront of the now newly constructed bridge. They had to stay a bit longer than anticipated thanks to the time it took to fully construct the rest of the bridge and repair the damages the battle caused.

The villagers all stood alongside them, happy yet slightly sorrowful looks on their faces. “We could have never finished the bridge without you. I cant tell you how much were going to miss you.” Tazuna happily sighed, “Do be careful!” Tsunami happily warned. “Thank you for everything.” Kakashi smiled.

“Now, now… Dont get all choked up! We’ll be back to visit real soon!” Naruto laughed. Inari gripped his overalls, holding in tears. “You- You promise you will?” he asked.

Naruto perked up, looking over at Inari. “Of course! You know Inari, its alright to cry, there's nothing wrong with that, go for it!” Naruto held in a dorky cry as he comforted the boy, making Umeko sigh. “Who said i was gonna cry? Plus if theres nothing wrong with crying then why dont you?” Inari insisted, holding back more tears. “No-you first!” Naruto choked out.

Umeko groaned, hitting Naruto upside the head, “Oh get it over with and cry already…” She huffed. Umeko usually was not a confrontational type, I think we've established that. But she was tired, sore, and really missed her bed. She was not letting some tear fest hold them back. Naruto turned around, crying so Inari couldn't see him. Umeko sighed.

As the group moved to leave Umeko was stopped, Inari grabbed her hand. Umeko looked back at him, surprised. “Inari?” she asked, confused. “Listen I-” He stopped himself, tears still streaming down his face. “Im sorry okay! Youre not like the other Gojos your cool!” He hugged her waist, not being able to reach any higher. Umekos eyes widened. ‘What did Naruto say to him?’ She wondered. “Hey-its alright. I don't take it personally okay?” She gave him a reassuring smile, leaning down to his level and wiping the tears from his eyes. “Now i gotta get going, but stay safe okay?” She tilted her head to side. Inari sniffled and nodded, wiping away his tears as they continued to flow down his cheeks.

Tazuna ruffled his hair, giving Umeko a smile. “Run along now. You have to get home.” He smiled. Umeko smiled, nodding and giving the villagers a wave running to catch up with Naruto and the others.

“Haha! As soon as we get back i'm gonna let Iruka sensei fix me up a whole mess of ramen to celebrate a mission accomplished! Oh, and just wait until i tell Konahamaru about all my adventures! That kids gonna worship me!” Naruto explained happily as they walked.

Umeko looked over to the blonde, “Konohamaru? Isn't that the Hokage's grandson?” She asked, Naruto nodded, “Yeah! He's my student!” Naruto bragged, Umeko snorted. Letting out a laugh, “How’d you manage that?” She asked, Naruto huffed. “Isn't it obvious? My pure skill attracted him!” Umeko laughed even louder, “No, no really? What did you do?” She insisted. Naruto yelled at her playfully as they walked.

Umeko sighed, her hair wasnt in her braid any more. Nobody on the team knew how to do braids and she had been gone from the village so long that her old one fell apart. She didnt mind having her hair unbraided but it did feel a bit odd. Umeko stayed silent, listening to the group talk amongst themselves, bickering and laughing together. She wasnt sure at first but now she had really come to love this group…

~漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~

Team seven let out collective groans as they stepped into the village. The sun was about to set, it had taken them all day to get back. The two ninja at the door gasped, running over. “You five are back!?” They looked at Kakashi in surprise.

“Lord third was starting to get worried! We were about to send out a search party to the land of waves to see if you had died!” Umeko grumbled, did not inspire much confidence did it? “Come with us! We have to escort you to Lord third right away!” They insisted, dragging the team across the town to the Hokage's office.

By the time they arrived they were even more tired. Lord third looked up, his eyes sparking to life at the sight of them. “Kakashi!” He gasped. “Hello sir…” Kakashi tiredly chuckled, “What on earth happened? That mission was supposed to take a week tops! You were gone for three!” He reiterated what was already common knowledge to the group.

Kakashi rubbed the back of his head, “Well you see there were a few setbacks…” Kakashi sighed. Lord third sighed, “Whatever-you can explain the details later. For now we need to alert their families that theyve returned.” He sighed. Umekos eyes shot open as lord third began sending out small messages on birds. “Thats okay we really dont have to-” before she could stop him the crows flew out the window.

Umeko squeaked, “Oh no…” Not even a minute later the offices door burst open. A very angry Satoru Gojo on the other end, the group slowly turned their heads over to the man. He radiated a furious and terrifying energy. His head quickly raised with a snap, he scanned over the group his eyes locking onto Umeko.

He ran over and lifted her into his arms. “Ume! Where have you been i was worried sick!” Satoru rattled on and on. His voice slightly babyish as he held her in his arms. Umeko sighed, godammmit…

After a couple minutes of cuddling Umeko his head snapped over to Kakashi, his relaxed and loving demeanor dissapearing in seconds. “You.” His voice rang out like an old grandfather clock. “You have some explaining to do!” he huffed, pointing at Kakashi.

Kakashi wilted, letting out a sigh, “I sure do…”

Umeko usually hated chaotic settings, thousands of voices and sounds piling ontop of eachother like a slurry of auditory overload. But she didnt mind this, it was a comforting chaos. One that she could confide in. one that she enjoyed. One that felt like home.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄