My belly burned as Osiris' fertile seed spilled forth, my cries of horror smothered by the pillow my face was pressed into. His voice haunted me as he spoke of carnal pleasure, the thrill of feeling mortal again, the joy of drinking whatever Isis had given him...the feral disgust towards myself and my husband.

The shawl Isis had given me rendered me helpless to defend myself, only freed by its curse when Osiris tore the garment from my shoulders while desiring my breasts.

I slapped him across the face as soon as I was freed from its magic, crawling away before rising to a sprint while clutching my tattered linen robe around me.

Down the gravel walkway, to the gate...past the knowing smirk on Isis' face.

My eyes widened in fear. She knew. She planned this.

I hid within my home, never lighting a lamp in the nighttime.

I endeavored to lay with my husband since that night, but he never seemed to be interested. My belly soon swelled, the size too large to hide from Set.

"Nebthwt, how fortunate for you!"

I flinched harshly as the one voice I never wished to hear again called out from the main doorway, the rainbow-colored shawl draped lavishly over her shoulders while she carried a large basket in her arms.

"I'm sure Set will be pleased," Isis' harsh eyes glared down at me, a mocking sneer resting on her lips, "...it is his, right?"

I couldn't answer as I looked away, the needlework in my hands shaking violently.

"When is the child due?"

My voice remained frozen as I heard her footsteps come closer.

"A few days, from what I see."

Both of her hands reached down from behind my head, her fingers gently brushing against the sides of my belly while her chin nestled against the crook of my neck and shoulder, "Yes...I can feel the baby's strength. He will be a powerful god-child of Osiris."

"Say that name again."

My blood ran cold as I felt Isis' heartbeat pick up, both of us looking towards the doorway.

Set stood tall in the sunlight, his hands slowly clenching into fists while his fierce yellow eyes pierced through me before his gaze switched to Isis.

"Ah, you're home, Set. Welcome back, older brother."

"Don't play coy, Isis," In the blink of an eye, Set had moved to stand behind us. The sand falling from his waistline ran hot against my waist and feet, nearly surrounding me in my kneeling position.

"I was merely stating the facts as I was told," Isis had stood up to face him, a small smile on her face as she glanced down at me. My face grew pale as her gaze swept back to Set, "Nebthwt had confessed that she slept with my husband not long ago, so I had come to offer my blessings after mourning the ignorance Osiris had."

"No, that's a lie!" I rushed to stand up, dropping the needlework into the growing sand as I placed a hand over my heart, "Set, you must believe me! I was the one deceived!"

"Such a boldfaced lie, brother!" Isis cried out, stepping out from between my husband and I as she began wailing, "I had found this very shawl tossed aside in my garden when I had returned home, my husband's cup tainted with poison to make him delirious!"