"Fine." Donghyuck mumbled, now being dragged by Naomi out of the room to find a solution. "But when we do get to have our nervous breakdowns, I go first." Was the last thing I heard from Donghyuck, before the door of my bedroom could shut close.

Both Mark and I felt a wash of relief to hear the silence in the room. It was nice and peaceful.

"Those two are something else." I mumbled with a small chuckle.

I reached out for the lipstick that hid in my pouch. I was about to pull the lid off but I felt Mark's warm hand fold around mine, slowly pulling it down. I knew what he wanted: He had this tendency of admiring in silence for a moment, before leaning for a soft kiss.

Mark cupped my cheek, his fingers gently caressing my face as he pulled me in for a soft and passionate kiss. We shared a gentle yet intimate moment, both of us feeling the connection of our lips on each other's skin. Our eyes closed and our breathing slowed as the kiss became deeper and more passionate. It was like we were swept into our own world of love and desire. Mark and I were in a bubble, with only our emotions and each other to fill it.

I could feel his hands slowly slither around my waist, his body pressing closer to mine.

I laughed in between our kiss, carefully pushing him away. "Come on, Mark Lee. What about we do this after the party? If you continue, I won't be able to resist it." I whispered, pinching his cheek and drew away from him, now focusing on the mirror before me.

While I grabbed the lipstick again, I heard Mark whining in the background. "Aww dude. Come on~ I can't be going down there with blue balls-"

Before Mark could even finish his sentence, he was stopped immediately when I squeezed his cheeks together to silence him. "Well, too bad. You gotta start controlling yourself bugboy." I teased, squishing his cheeks even more before pulling away with a mocking laugh.

Mark laughed with. He sat there, still staring at me with one of his hand resting on my leg. "You know... Sometimes I hate myself for not initiating at least a friendship with you in Freshman year." He smiled weakly. "Those 3 and a half years, I wasted because I was avoiding you."

I couldn't agree more with Mark. I surmised I was also partly to blame, considering I had liked him ever since and did nothing about it. It did annoy and upset me to think that Mark and I could've been something in the very beginning, and spent the rest of the high school years together. But there wasn't much to do about that.

"That doesn't matter now." I looked at Mark, letting him see the catchlights in my eyes. "What matters is we're together now. I couldn't ask for anything else."

Mark nodded, agreeing to my words. He reached out for my hands and firmly squeezed it with gentleness and care. "I fucking swear Juliane, you have no idea how much I appreciate having you. And I don't care if I keep reminding you this, because I want you to hear it over and over again." Mark grinned, his face so full of love and affection. "I love you."

Eight letters and three words, were enough to make me the happiest woman in earth.

I held onto him too firmly, not wanting to let go. "I love you too."

Like always, moments like these made me want to stay in forever and never let it stop, because it was that precious. But of course I couldn't get everything I wanted, and I had accepted that.

Our attention, most certainly Mark, was caught by my television that had been turned on since the morning. Mark squinted his eyes, sharpening his ears when they were announcing news - "Breaking news: There seem to be massive rhino, though not entirely. It appears like an individual is suited in this tough, rhinoceros-like armor and horns. Currently, he is shooting and bringing casualties in the streets of Manhattan! The police are scrambling to contain the situation and direct traffic away from the area. The rhino's path is unpredictable, and civilians are advised to avoid the street at all costs. Please stay safe and follow the updates that will follow this breaking news."