"It's poisonous!" Came the garbled little sound of Sayuka, who was trying not to choke.

"It won't hurt you. You won't touch them, Terry, is that right?" You cooed. The snake hissed in answer, and you petted it, letting it coil around your neck

"I think it's best you keep, er, Terry in," Daichi sighed, "let's go, [Name]. Everything has been settled. Your new roommate is waiting for you. I suggest you keep the snake out of touch and out of sight."

"Thanks," you nodded your head, "for all the trouble, I mean. Is it normal for the president to accompany me...? To accompany new students? That's a lot of work."

"Well, the teachers were wondering where you were." Daichi closed his eyes, "I received a great deal of messages concerning you, considering you were hours late and apparently no one caught sight of you. But in regards to your injury, it's best you settle down and rest."

And well, Daichi went to check on you after Akio had boasted in that terribly annoying voice of his. It gave him a little satisfaction that Akio had indeed not gotten his way again. Last year Kaen—who would have thought Kaen, of all people—had nearly suffocated that student to death. He had turned off the carbon monoxide detector or something along those lines—ever since three years ago, Daichi had stopped immersing himself in the game.

The game was just an excuse for the elite to prey on smaller people; unassuming ones; and destroy their whole life. But this time, you...

Daichi could already imagine that Akio would be incensed if he found out you were in good shape. Then there was Saito to worry about; Saito wouldn't exactly strike unless you did something to aggravate him, so he was in the clear for now, and Inei was generally lazy, so that only left Jun.

Jun despised breaking the rules: more like, he despised people who broke the rules. So the minute you did something out of hand, like—

"Do you want a cigarette?" You asked innocently, holding out a small packet. "Well, this isn't real. They're just gummies."

And...you were screwed. One part of the game included spying on your every little move—of course, not when you were in the dorm, that would be disgusting—and eating in the medical center, unless allowed, was prohibited. And to eat gummies shaped like cigarettes that Jun would argue 'could give off the wrong impression'—

Yes, Jun was an absolute monster when it came to the stupidest slightest rules, but that was already strike one for you. And to top it off, the snake.

He sighed.

Well, it would be interesting to see how long more you could pull this off. Last year Jun had organized this whole shady scheme that led a student to become bankrupt and corrupted, so...

"It's specially flown from Milan," you added. "My father got these gummies when he shot down a secret crime syndicate."

"Pardon?"

"Oh, my father works odd jobs. You know, when he's tasked to kill someone—was I supposed to reveal that? Nevermind—and I guess he's searching and saving some animals now." You said casually.

"Oh...right." Daichi was at a genuine loss of words. The most astounding and appalling thing to him was that you deemed all of this as normal behavior, when it was definitely the very opposite. Somehow, you had convinced yourself you were perfectly normal, when...

"Just head to your dorm." Daichi muttered.

.

.

Your dorm was bigger than your own room at home. It looked like a hotel room, and you were thankful that while you would be sharing your room with someone, there was a sufficient place for you to relax too.