It was too much to process in my head. But there was one emotion I felt the strongest: Disappointment. Maybe anger too.

"And what, just let Juliane be in danger? What about her? You're gonna let your dad get to her?" I said, my voice shaking out of anger. "That's fucking foul."

"I didn't have any other options Mark." Said Gwen, her voice sharp and angry. "You expect me to tell Juliane everything, and expose my father like that? He's... he's my father. I can't do that."

I narrowed my eyes at her, my hands balling into clenched fists. "Why did your father have to involve you into this mess?"

Her eyes softened. "Because you're just a kid. My dad thinks the same. He gave you another chance to survive, but you've left him with no choices because you had to continue prying!" She aimed the gun at me, her fingers still trembling. "And this isn't about the Moons anymore. This about you. This is what you get for prying: You'll lose Juliane and her loved ones to live with the guilt!" She said, now shifting her aim at to Juliane's parents.

And just behind Gwen, a few other strangers emerged with their own guns and weapons, especially the high-tech ones.

My heart dropped, knowing that I was stuck.

Gwen's finger was about to pull the trigger on the gun that was pointed at Juliane's parents, but I came diving into the scene at the perfect moment. I leapt into a heroic and brave act of self-sacrifice, throwing myself in front of the bullet to Juliane's loved ones. And the bullet punched through the skin of my leg. It was a remarkable and selfless moment. Gwen was taken by surprise at the bravery and courage that I displayed, and she immediately dropped the gun, feeling ashamed at her actions.

I fell on the ground and the first person to approach me was Juliane's mother. She held onto my arm, trying to keep me up. "Oh my god. Oh God. Are you okay?" After that, her husband came to the floor to support too.

Soon, the other men belittled Gwen for her mistake and pushed past her, claiming to finish their task.

When the men pointed their gun at me, I looked up at them helplessly, trying to scan everything in the room to seek for an escape.

But there was none.

Until suddenly, red and blue lights flashed from the outside, signaling that the police had arrived.

"Drop your weapons! Now!" The sight of Naomi's father rushing in with his gun aiming at the enemies made eased my shoulders and chest, knowing that there were backup coming to rescue during a moment of desperation. Some other comrades of his emerged from behind too, their guns still pointing at the enemies. "I said drop your weapons now!"

It seemed like it were Officer Walkers' trusted crew. And fortunately, Captain Smith wasn't in sight.

Of course... Juliane called them over here. Thank God. I guess being persistent was a good trait for this case.

The enemies paused for a second, not knowing what to do. They glanced at each other, as though communicating through gazes.

As I thought this would be peacefully handled, the enemies started firing at the police, and the police reciprocated. Under the heavy commotions of gunshots, Juliane's parents crouched down, hugging each other and prayed for everything to stop. They pressed their hands against their ears, hoping to block the deafening shots from their hearing.

Meanwhile, I shifted my head toward Gwen who was still appalled by her own actions, kneeling on the ground. I clenched my jaw and fists before forcing myself up and rushing to her.

Gwen saw me, but she wasn't scared, she was just tired.

I grabbed her collar and carefully pulled her closer to me. "What... What do you mean about me losing Juliane?" I said, my voice shaky due to the injury on my leg.

Gwen's lips curled, her eyes tearing.

"Tell me." I said. I wasn't demanding this time, I was pleading.

"My dad..." She paused. "My dad went to the headquarters of MoonDelivery and planted bombs in there... he knows she's there."

I was suddenly filled with an eerie sense of shock and worry after what Gwen said. I paused, feeling my heart beating rapidly and my blood freezing in my veins. My eyes widened in disbelief, unable to process the severity of the situation. I felt a wave of dread and fear wash over my body as I realized the dangerous potential of the situation.

"No..." I mumbled, my heart aching at the thought of Juliane as well as Venom being in serious danger.

I unclawed my grasp into Gwen, instantly fleeing out of the mansion, completely neglecting the injury I had on my leg.