PART 8: I'M HERE FOR YOU

You showered and tended your looks to prep yourself for the get together with your parents and afterwards the ball looking absolutely elegant in every way. You make your way over to a mirror staring at yourself as you practice your fake smile but sighed. "Oh this is useless.. I can't face my parents.. They'll remove me from my crown if they knew I'm in love with a jester!" you cup your cheeks and pull your skin down groaning "hngrr.. What am I even saying we've only met yesterday! How could I fall for him already OH this is a nightmaaareeee"

A moment after you hear a knock on the door it grabbing your attention "come in!" you spoke up. It was Jester "You doing alright your majesty?" he asked "Oh yes yes I'm perfectly fine. Was there something you wanted?" you replied "Your butler asked me to remind me of your meeting with your parents. They don't want you to be late" he said with a soft smile on his face. You sighed and nodded your head "Thank you Jester, I'll be on my way" you started making your way to the door but Jester stopped you mid way by gently grabbing you by your wrist "Your majesty.. Do you mind if.. I accompany you in this meeting? I promise I won't cause any trouble I'm just there for support. I can tell that you're experiencing some intense stress about this situation and I don't want you to face this all on your own" his expression seemed desperate but also had some empathy to it. You stared up at Jester with an uncertain expression being surprised that he cared so much about you. You thought to yourself for a bit but then sighed and agreed "Alright, just stay behind me and don't speak a word okay?" Jester nodded his head slowly gaining a wider smile "sir yes sir!" he saluted being silly. You chuckled from his actions Jester always seeming to find a way to make you smile at times of your lowest. You both made your way out of the room and towards the other where your parents are patiently waiting for your arrival.

______________________________________