PART 3: THE ASSASSINATION

You lifted your hand stopping Jester from continuing his little show any further having smile on your face "Thank you, you don't have to continue any longer.. Congratulations you're going to be my new court jest-HM!" before you could even finish your sentence half of the room walls has been blown off into bits. A bomb went off which was caused by a group of assassins who were hired to kill royalty... To kill you.

Your guards immediately stood their ground holding out spiers and swords surrounding the assassins of which there seems to be 4 of them "your highness you need to run! We'll take care of them and search for you when our battle is over. Go.. NOW!!" one gaurd yelled out. You had covered your ears in response of the loud sound that came from the bomb causing your ears to ring which led to the guards words only turning out to be muffled noises and the dust in the air made it difficult to breathe. You coughed and waved your hand in the air to get the dust filled air away from your mouth but suddenly you felt someone grabbing your hand and pull you out of your chair running out of the room, it was Jester. With his long legs it was difficult to keep up with him but you managed "This way your majesty!" Jester acted like he knew the buildings structure already but in fact he didn't know where he was going at all and you could tell by the worry on his face.

"Down the hall to the right! There's a room with a strong lock on it, we should be safe there!" Jester nodded his head and quickly sprinted into action making his way over to the room and went inside closing the door behind them and locked it as well. He sighed and turned to face you "My apologies for dragging you with me your highness, the gaurd told you to run but I noticed you were struggling to take in the impact.. Are you alright? Is there anything I can do for you?" he had a worrisome frown on his face fiddling with his hands a bit, he isn't the confident and energetic jester he was a few minutes ago..does this mean he's actually worried about your health? Or is he just trying to get on your good side seeing as the reputation of jesters in your control never really ended well.

You dusted yourself off and sighed "I'm alright, I never expected a jester to save his king/queen like that...thank you" a soft smile appeared on his face now knowing that you're alright. He took a good look around at the room you two were in noticing a bed "Is this a spare bedroom?" he asked but you shook your head "my room~" you replied but Jester widened his eye and blushed slightly "hehe, whooooaaahhhh I haven't even took you out for dinner yet~ I must be quite the charmer if we skipped from level one all the way to level three ~" he teased. Your face turned red from his remark and shook your head violently "N-N NO! IT'S NOT LIKE THAT- I.. Uhhh just feel safe in my room~ and like I've said it's got a lock so it's the only place I could think of going to regarding the unexpected 'guests' ...thats all nothing more!" you said with quite an angry expression on your face being embarrassed. However, Jester only chuckled finding how you responded to his tease pretty funny but you rolled your eyes and crossed your arms wondering if it were better to stay in the room with the assassins than staying in a room with this goof.

____________________________________