The camp activities director, Chiron, and the head of camp, Mr D were at one end of the table. Bianca and Zoe were sat at the other end. I sat down with the cabin's head counselors on the left side of the table. Thalia, Beckendorf, Silena, and the Stoll brothers were with me.

Now I know what you're thinking. 'Y/N, you're not the head counselor of any cabin. What are you doing here?' and you'd be right to wonder.

See, I thought the exact same thing, but according to Chiron, I had seniority at the camp over pretty much everyone at the table, so it was my right to be here. I disagreed, since a meeting like this felt tedious given the imminent threats, but I also had no choice. Not to mention I was still recently stabbed and healing.

Another question you may have, is what did the Ares cabin do? Clarisse isn't here. Again, you're right to think. She wasn't. In fact, there wasn't a single child of Ares at the table. They'd all managed to get broken limbs (accidentally) during capture the flag. Courtesy of the Hunters.

Zoe glared at me as I sat down. "Why is he here?" she asked Chiron. The centaur frowned as Zoe continued. "He has not been claimed to be the head of any cabin, so why is he at this meeting?"

"Miss Nightshade, Y/N is the longest tenured camper here. He's been here for roughly twelve years. He's more than earned a spot at this table." Zoe's brow raised at that. "Twelve?" That also raised my eyebrow.

As far as I knew, I'd been at camp half blood from nearly the moment I could breathe. I was 14. "Two whole years..." Zoe muttered, before clamping her hands over her mouth.

"Hang on, Chiron. Could you run that by me again?" I asked, my eyes darting around the table. Chiron looked at me worriedly, shrugging off my question. I'll have to ask him about that later. Zoe regained her composure and started on a really positive note. "This is pointless."

"Cheez Whiz!" Grover gasped. He began scooping up crackers and Ping-Pong balls and spraying them with topping. Percy put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back down to his seat across the table from us.

"There is no time for talk," Zoe continued. "Our goddess needs us. The Hunters must leave immediately."

"And go where?" Chiron asked.

"West!" Bianca said. The whole 'being a hunter' thing was taking complete control over her already. Bianca looked like a completely different person now.

Her dark hair was braided like Zoe's and she didn't have that big hat anymore, so you could actually see her face dotted with freckles. Her face still reminded me of someone, but nothing could be placed exactly. Bianca already looked a lot older, and she shined a lot like the moon.

"You heard the prophecy. Five shall go west to the goddess in chains. We can get five hunters and go."

"Yes," Zoe agreed. "Artemis is being held hostage! We must find her and free her."

"Zoe, you know you can't do that. You're trying to skip something." I said, meeting her eyes. "The prophecy said Campers and Hunters combined prevail. This is something we have to do together. I know good and well that we don't see eye to eye, but you can't go against this."

"No!" Zoe said. "The Hunters do not need thy help."

"Your" Thalia grumbled. "Nobody has said thy in, like, three hundred years, Zoe. Get with the times." Zoe hesitated, like she was trying to form the word correctly. "Yerrr. We do not need yerrr help."

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Forget it." I put my head in my hand. "Oh dear gods."

"I fear the prophecy says you do need our help," Chiron said. "Campers and Hunters must cooperate."