Attempted Negotiations

Start from the beginning

"Visitors?" I said.

Thalia nodded grimly. "Some titans want to see you and Y/N, under a flag of truce. They have a message from Kronos."

[Y/N's POV]

We could see the white flag from a half a mile away. It was bigger than a football field, carried by a massive giant. It had to be at least thirty feet tall. Its skin was bright blue and its hair was a dull gray.

"A Hyperborean," Zoe said. "The giants of the north. It is a bad sign that they sided with Kronos. They're usually peaceful."

"You've met them?" I said. "Mmm. There is a large colony in Alberta." Thalia nodded in agreement. "Wish someone had warned me beforehand. You do not want to get into a snowball fight with those guys."

As the giant got closer, I could see four human-size envoys with him: a half-blood in armor, an empousa demon with a black dress and flaming hair, Orion, and a tall man in a tuxedo.

The empousa held the tux dude's arm, so they looked like a couple on their way to a Broadway show or something, except for her flaming hair and fangs. Then, there was Orion. You all know how that whole thing goes.

Before we went down there, I pulled Zoe aside. She was visibly fuming. "Hey, look, Zoe, if things go wrong, I want you covering us. Get a high vantage point. I don't trust anyone else. You know how bad this could go." Zoe grimaced. "But-"

"I know. I know. But you'd kill him too quickly for any of us to stop you. We'll get him. But for now, we can't afford to take this meeting a fight. If they come in peace, we have to keep it like that. Can you cover us?" She nodded reluctantly.

"If you see a good reason to take a shot, let it loose. Okay?" Zoe patted my shoulder roughly, shouldered her bow, and followed us down to the ground, before finding an open building, closer to the ground, to get to the observation deck.

We arrived at the park, watching the envoy stroll leisurely into the playground. The swings and the basketball courts were abandoned. The only sound we could hear was a fountain. Percy and I looked at Grover. The son of Poseidon asked, "The tux dude is the other Titan?"

He nodded nervously. "He looks like a magician. I hate magicians. They usually have rabbits." I stared at him. "You're scared of bunnies?"

"Blah-hah-hah! They're big bullies. Always stealing celery from defenseless satyrs!" Thalia coughed. "What?" Grover demanded. "We'll dive into that later," I said. "Here they come."

The man in the tux stepped forward. He was taller than an average human, about seven feet. His black hair was tied in a ponytail. Dark round glasses covered his eyes, but what really caught my attention was the skin on his face. It was covered in scratches, like he'd been attacked by a small animal, a really, really mad hamster, maybe.

"Y/N L/N... Son of Orion and Artemis..." he said in a silky voice. I instantly disliked him. "It's a great honor. It is good to meet you as well Perseus Jackson. I've heard many things about the both of you." His lady friend the empousa hissed at Percy.

"My dear," Tux Dude said to her. "Why don't you make yourself comfortable over there, eh?" She released his arm and drifted over to a park bench. I glanced at the armed demigod behind Tux Dude.

I hadn't recognized him in his new helmet, but it was our old backstabbing buddy Ethan Nakamura. His face looked like a squashed tomato from our fight on the Williamsburg Bridge. That made me feel better.

"Hey, Ethan," I growled. "How's the head?" I mocked him. Ethan sneered at me. Orion stepped forward, a grimace on his face. "To business." Tux Dude looked warily toward him. He extended his hand. "I am Prometheus."