Worried Mothers

Começar do início

Luke sighed deeply. "Are you sure that you could even control it if we did find him?" he asked. Lou Ellen nodded shortly. "I've done it before. And that was experimental magic. I'm much stronger now. The problem is, we can't catch him."

Luke's eyes went distant. But he blinked and turned to her again, stepping to where he was looking directly down at her.

"If by the time you find Y/N, he has gone crazy..." Luke swallowed slowly, as if digesting his words. "Tell the monsters that they should just kill him."

Lou Ellen's eyes went wide. Even she seemed surprised at this new instruction. Luke took a shaky breath and continued. "We can't risk that kind of power against us. Even if it can help, it can hurt us a lot worse. So either bring him back here in a piece or two, or kill him in there."

The black haired girl nodded. "Now, leave." Luke growled. She awkwardly scratched the back of her neck. "Luke, are you sure you want to take this course of action? We could-"

"LEAVE!!" Luke shouted. The daughter of Hecate staggered and took off out the doors.

After her, two dracaenae slithered in snake women with double serpent trunks instead of legs. Between them walked Kelli, the empousa cheerleader from my freshman orientation. "Hello, Luke," Kelli smiled. She was wearing a red dress and she looked awesome, but I'd seen her real form. "What was her deal?" Kelli asked, pointing a lazy finger behind her.

I knew what she was hiding: mismatched legs, red eyes, fangs, and flaming hair. "What is it, monster?" Luke's voice was cold. "I told you not to disturb me."

Kelli pouted. "That's not very nice. You look tense. How about a nice shoulder massage?" Luke stepped back. "If you have something to report, say it. Otherwise leave!"

"I don't know why you're so huffy these days. You used to be fun to hang around."

"That was before I saw what you did to that boy in Seattle."

"Oh, he meant nothing to me," Kelli said. "Just a snack, really. You know my heart belongs to you, Luke."

"Thanks, but no thanks. Now report or get out."

Kelli shrugged. "Fine. The advanced team is ready, as you surprised. We can leave soon," Luke nodded.

Kelli nodded sourly. "If only you weren't so grumpy all the time. It's such a shame to-" She suddenly frowned. "What is it?" Luke asked. "A presence," Kelli said. "Your senses are getting dull, Luke. We're being watched."

She scanned the stateroom. Her eyes focused right on me. Her face withered into a hag. She bared her fangs and lunged.

I woke up with a start, my heart pounding. I could've sworn the empousa's fangs were an inch from my throat. Tyson was snoring in the next bunk. The sound calmed me down a little. I didn't know how Kelli could sense me in a dream, but I'd heard more than I wanted to know. An army was ready. Kronos would lead it personally.

All they needed was a way to navigate the Labyrinth so they could invade and destroy Camp Half-Blood, and Luke apparently thought that was going to happen very soon.

They were either going to capture Y/N or kill him. The only not awful part of that, is that they clearly hadn't found him yet. Either that or he was already dead in some pit. That was not as comforting. I was tempted to go wake up Annabeth and tell her, middle of the night or not.

Then I realized the room was lighter than it should have been. A blue and green glow was coming from the saltwater fountain, brighter and more urgent than the night before. It was almost like the water was humming.