Though, I was not much in the mood for driving again.

[Y/N's POV]

Percy told me he wasn't very keen to drive on a chariot after the last time, but he convinced Tyson to join on as our 'pit crew' is what he called it. Annabeth would drive and I'd be given a sword and 'naturally' a bow. Defense. Which I guess was improving based on the fact that Luke hadn't killed me.

So Percy and Tyson (mostly, and I cannot stress this enough, MOSTLY Tyson) rebuilt the chariot from last time that crashed into the stands. Percy worked with the horses for the most part, and Tyson added a whole bunch of special gimmicks and gadgets in the cracks and crevices that would basically let us win with ease.

We spent even more time planning for this go around, mostly because we had to, and I'm quoting Annabeth on this, 'have a contingency plan in case of more birds.'

The four of us agreed together that the whole no chores for a month thing would be split between the four of us. Well, Athena, and Poseidon's cabin, and me, since I still had no cabin designation, and moved back into the Big House with Chiron's return.

I spent the whole evening making some final modifications, and convincing Annabeth to go get some more rest. After that, I wandered the grounds of camp, passing by Thalia's tree more than a few times, since I was beyond glad that we had managed to save her and the camp.

Eventually, I made my way down to the stables, tending the horses, making sure they were ready to whoop tail in the morning. Brushing, feeding, pep talking (even though they couldn't understand me) and whatnot. Somebody right behind me said, "Fine animals, horses. Wish I'd thought of them."

A middle aged guy in a mailman's outfit was leaning with his shoulder against the door. Slim, with black hair neatly tucked under a white helmet, and a mailbag slung over his shoulder.

"Hello, lord Hermes." I said, turning back to the horses. The god laughed behind me and walked to join in with gazing at the animals, leaning against the railing of the pen. "How do you like the new outfit? Better or worse than the jogging clothes?" he asked. I tilted my head, trying to remember what that last outfit looked like, and turned to look up at the god.

"The last one. Fits your whole 'always moving' thing."

"You do know I'm the god of mail as well right? The post office was my idea." he said, tapping the logo on his shirt. "Yeah, I know, but the joggers worked for you better." I replied, reaching out to pet the horse.

Then it hit me why he was probably here. "Uh, Lord Hermes. I-"

The god looked at me with lifted eyebrows and an awaiting expression. "We... We did run into Luke, but..."

"Couldn't talk sense into him, could you?" the god sighed. I looked down at the ground. "Well, it's more like he cut a chunk out of me, and my friends tried to bring him back to reality. Then, I had to fight him again. So, I'm sorry."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my rapid heart. Even though my opinion of the gods wasn't very high, it did nothing to change the fact that they could easily snap me out of existence with a sneeze. And that wouldn't be fun.

"It's alright kid. That's not why I'm here. I need to see Percy about all of that. With you, I'm here to make sure that there's no plotting to overthrow us any time soon." the god said, not a hint of a joke on his face.

A great big sigh escaped my lips. "Look, Hermes. I've know some amazing people at this camp. I'd never turn on them. Yeah, I hate my mother. She hates me, so why wouldn't I?"